Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Sharing through experience

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
ModeratingTeam
Site Admin

Sharing through experience

Postby ModeratingTeam » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Mutual support is about giving and receiving support through sharing your experiences and feelings of mental illness with others. It means you may not feel quite so alone, and, when life is difficult, it can be encouraging to know that just by sharing your feelings and experiences, you can be helpful to someone else.
Moderating Team

Lucretia

Re: Sharing through experience

Postby Lucretia » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:19 am

x
Last edited by Lucretia on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

Zardos

Postby Zardos » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:27 am

You're right !.. but ain't it a bitch though :(

valentine

Postby valentine » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm new here and I'm feeling pretty low - recovering from a breakdown last year, horrible rows with partner, problems at work. One of the things that is causing me alot of pain is two past episodes of sexual abuse perpetrated on me as an adult invovling the mental healthcare systerm. My partner chooses not to believe me about this and it's causing me all sorts of heart ache. Sorry to lay this on you, but I could really do with some support and advice. I did report one of the incidents to the police, but lost my nerve after my partner told them he didn't believe me. I have all sorts of trust issues now and am having a really hard time.

blackbee045

Postby blackbee045 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:38 am

It means you may not feel quite so alone, and, when life is difficult, it can be encouraging to know that just by sharing your feelings and experiences, you can be helpful to someone else.
GuL

Dredmelkor

Postby Dredmelkor » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 am

I believe I am able to do this. Whether it is received or reciprocated well is another matter entirely.

markh

Postby markh » Mon May 18, 2015 6:20 pm

I have been through much hurt and pain in my life; i have had, so far, three and 3/4 years of counselling which has helped me greatly; i still have a fair way to go on my "journey", but i am more than happy to share my successes, and share things that will help others! If just ONE person feels that i have helped them, in some way or another, then i am more than happy! 8-)

luck

Postby luck » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:31 am

Someone really close to me keeps saying horrible things. I cam usually deal with this but it makes me sad. L
Am I still safe?

Return to “Mutual Support Group”