Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Struggling

If you're new and want to say hello...
clipper

Struggling

Postby clipper » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello
I'm new to this forum. Been suffering with depression and anxiety over the past year or so.
It has been a recurrent condition over the past nearly 40 years. This time it seems to have been triggered as a result of my wife being diagnosed with a rare genetic condition about three years ago. Unfortunately her mum was taken by the same incurable disease a few years ago.
Since late Spring I gave up work to look after her. I was running on empty while working and although I hated my job my work was suffering.
We don't have any social network apart from her dad and sister who we see occasionally. My family are all too far away. (Abroad)
I will try to share more over time. It's just I find forums difficult when I I am in the midst of this.

I know that when I feel better I can be really supportive. Please feel free to encourage me gently.

boo4242

Re: Struggling

Postby boo4242 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Hello there, so sorry to hear you are struggling and it is not surprising as you have a lot on your plate and little help it seems. You are doing an amazing thing looking after your wife, but you also need to look after yourself as it will help both of you for you to be feeling happier. I have been caring for my eldest daughter and I know how isolating and exhausting it can be. What has helped me personally is exercise - specifically taking up running. I never thought I would say this but I now actually look forward to a run - it clears my head and I always feel better afterwards, more positive. I've also found listening to audiobooks on Audible a brilliant escape. Anyway I wish you the very best and hope that you manage to find something nice for you to take a break from the pressures. Warmest wishes.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Well welcome to the forum

The nice thing about this one is that it is not to busy

So you can generally stay on top of things across people and not just yourself

It is well worth your time reading other posts for ideas and suggestions
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Podcasts are another escape
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

clipper

Postby clipper » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:23 am

Thank you for the welcome

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi there,

Welcome!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Newbies Room”