Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

New here need some support

If you're new and want to say hello...
latte

New here need some support

Postby latte » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:36 pm

Hi all.

I'm a bit nervous to be posting here, really need some people to talk too who understand, my real life friends don't really get it but then I guess how could they..

Long story short...

Back in Feb this year something happened in my life that triggered memories at first then flash backs, nightmares of childhood abuse. After 2 counsellors and 8 months of being messed about by the mental health team I've been assessed and diagnosed with CPTSD and depression. I'm still no closer to getting this trauma therapy EMDR and am I'm a really dark place..

Just feel so sad and lonely. Nobody understands. Just constantly told to cheer up or how strong I am when infact I'm not strong anymore.

Thanks for reading and for having me here.

Xx

maisi

Re: New here need some support

Postby maisi » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi latte,

There's no need to be nervous, it's great you've posted here. I'm fairly new and was (and still am) sometimes nervous but it's a friendly site- pretty quiet sometimes, so don't worry if you don't get a quick response, someone will read and reply. The different rooms are useful for different kinds of talk. Some people have been through similar to you, some people will relate in other ways.

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through and are going through now. 8 months is a really long time to be waiting for the therapy you need, while going through this. What support are you getting at the moment, and have you got any estimate how long the wait for trauma therapy?

Why anyone would tell you to cheer up is beyond me, that's ridiculous advice if you're having trauma reactions. Have you got any strategies for coping with flashbacks, and are they visual or emotional? If you don't want to talk about it I totally understand. Do you have anyone close to you who knows what you went through?

You will feel better than this x

cookiemonster

Postby cookiemonster » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:46 am

You could see if mind has any support groups near you with people who have suffered trauma. That might be comforting and also they might give you some good ideas of ways to help.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi latte,

No need to be nervous - you've been really brave by posting about this, and the community here is really welcoming :)

Sorry to hear what you've been through. It's good that you've finally got the answers - now, your effort can go towards how to move forward, rather than trying to guess what was happening to you. Counselling is great, but there are other options, depending on how you want to move forward and what kind of therapy (using that as a generic term here) you want. It's a good idea to discuss the different options going forward with a counsellor or GP, or you could contact Mind to see what they say.

You're not alone in this - we're all here with you through thisx

Much love <3
RSxo <3

latte

Postby latte » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi. Many thanks for the replies. Well he knows as does his friend and my mother, but other than those responsible and my husband. Its all fairly new to me having to deal with this am struggling to tell people ..

I'm under a Pyschiatrist and psychologist at the mental health team. My GP is aware and in close contact with me it's just the mental health team have been so awful I've still not got any support. I was seeing a private counsellor for emotional support but she has last week told me she is leaving.

Pretty much relying on sane line and the Samaritans to keep me alive right about now. X

Return to “Newbies Room”