Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

When to seek help

If you're new and want to say hello...
malaaron

When to seek help

Postby malaaron » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:48 am

Hi ladies/gents.

Ive been battling with my own thoughts for a long time now, however, recently it appears to have got worse.

Its strange as I can't seem to find a reason as to why I might be depressed; I have a relatively decent job, good health and a young daughter.

I feel as though this life really isn't for me and keep comparing it to a prison sentence. I've never spoke to anyone about how I feel, yet I have been told by a few people I need to go and speak to someone purely based on the way I act.

The reason I'm posting today is my thoughts seem to be getting worse and have now started including intrusive thoughts about harming others and myself again. Just today I was in the bathroom at work and found myself looking around to see what I could use to end my life.

I'm not sure whether mental issues can be genetic but it may be worth noting my dad commited suicide when I was a young kid.

I booked an appointment with my Gp a couple of weeks ago and ended up cancelling the appointment last minute because I don't know what to say or whether I actually need to go.

Which brings me to my main question; am I at the point where I need to go and speak to someone or will it be fine to keep plodding on?

Thank you to anyone who can offer me some advice.

whiterabbit222

Re: When to seek help

Postby whiterabbit222 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:45 am

you should buy a little doggy, that's what I did and it makes me feel much better :)

capitalt

Postby capitalt » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:10 am

Talk to your GP.
Things from our past can affect the way we think, which we can change.
Good luck.

amberametheyst

Postby amberametheyst » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi there,

I think that the answer to this question (which I suspect you know) is yes.

"The reason I'm posting today is my thoughts seem to be getting worse and have now started including intrusive thoughts about harming others and myself again. Just today I was in the bathroom at work and found myself looking around to see what I could use to end my life."

Although not an indication of being personally in danger intrusive thoughts are a sign that you are not well, dependant upon how frequent/severe but it would be worth talking to your GP about it to see what treatment he would recommend. At the very least he can refer you for a Mental Health assessment where you will be spoken to and some treatment options looked into.

You have things in your life that are going well and that's wonderful but within yourself you're not that well at the moment from what you say.

I hope that might help a little, good luck.

A

Return to “Newbies Room”