Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Need help

If you're new and want to say hello...
jsonthern

Need help

Postby jsonthern » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:47 am

I'm 27 and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder on top of post traumatic stress disorder, depression and anxiety which were diagnosed 5 years ago. I have attempted to end my life 4 times since April this year and an constantly overwhelmed by the voices I here. I do not know where to turn anymore after been passed between CAHMS and now the adult community mental health team, my gp, private therapists and the acute crisis team and no improvement on my mood/mental state I am lost. Various medication and groups and nothing seems to help me. Everything that's been offered I have tried.. I feel like I've failed. I know I'm not the only person to suffer but I feel so alone and so scared.

vitasw

Re: Need help

Postby vitasw » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi jsonthern, I'm really sorry to hear about what you are going through. Good for you for all the work you've put into taking care of yourself. I know you are really struggling at this point but I think your post shows how strong you really are. It's not easy asking for help and being brave enough to try different therapies and medications. I don't think you have failed. And I do believe the right treatment at the right time is out there for you.

I hope this forum helps you to feel less alone. I know there have been plenty of posts before from people with BPD and PTSD so you're in good company.

Hope to see you back here again. All the best,

V.

mihaela

Re: Need help

Postby mihaela » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Hi JS, and welcome!

You haven't failed; the system has failed you - badly. For one thing I can't understand how your diagnosis fits in with hearing voices. BPD, PTSD, anxiety and depression lack this important symptom, so there seems to be more going on. A few questions: Are you female? What medications have you been given? Were the acute crisis team involved because of your attempts at ending your life, the voices or both?

Please don't feel all alone. Lots of us here have been through what you're going through. x

Return to “Newbies Room”