Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hi, I am new to this!

If you're new and want to say hello...
alice1

Hi, I am new to this!

Postby alice1 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi everyone, I'm not really sure how to start or what to do on this but I will tell you a bit about me.

I suffer from delayed onset PTSD (un-diagnosed) due to a traumatic event in my childhood that has only recently surfaced (I am 20 now) as well as depression. I have recently being going through a particularly difficult time with issues unrelated to my illnesses and that put me under a serious amount of strain. To cope with it I put dealing with my other issues on hold.
Now externally my life is fine, so theoretically I should be happy, in fact a terrible event was averted so even more so. Instead, though, I feel worse and I struggle to feel happy about anything. My flashbacks have come back and the recovery I thought I was achieving regarding depression seems to be reversing.

I am feel more of a failure because I should be happy now but I am not, it makes me think I can't ever be. I was hoping for peoples thoughts on it, if they have felt anything similar?
(apologies if I have gone about this the wrong way)

christabel

Re: Hi, I am new to this!

Postby christabel » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:07 am

Hi Alice and welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear things are not good for you a t m. Can I just say we do have set back in our recovery so try not to worry too much.

Try to focus on the facts that you have done so well to come this far and you are definitely not a failure just been poorly.

It can be a bit quiet on here at times as we are all dealing with our own MH issues but we are an understanding and non judgdemental lot so don't worry about getting anything wrong.
Take care. Chris

Return to “Newbies Room”