SANE Support Forum

Why is a diagnosis taking so long

If you're new and want to say hello...
metalbones18

Why is a diagnosis taking so long

Postby metalbones18 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:28 am

Hi guys
Just joined today and already feeling at ease. Thank you

My problem is, since my school days, I've struggled continually with depression and bad mood swings.
That was 35 yrs ago and still, no one seems to have the balls to say it's bipolar, or whatever.
I've seen counselor after counselor, gone through the a to z of anti depressants and still..zilch..
To date. Seeing another counselor that has mentioned bipolar. I have an appointment with her every 4 months. I've explained to her what is happening, shown mood charts and diaries, and yet again, same answer as every other pro i've seen. Fed up.
all I get is, we need to do exercises to find out and so on.
My last app was due in Jan. I had to cancel as i ended up in hospital with 3rd degree burns from a chemical splash. That was my fault. I self harm and am unable to control this at time. I don't deserve the air i breathe.
I'm now at the back of the queue for a new app in May. I can't cope and so struggling.
I've done countless of hours of research and my symptoms match that of a bipolar 2. I take all of my findings and evidence to these meetings but it just gets dismissed.
Has anyone else had a long standing battle to find peace of mind. Thanks for reading :)

metalbones18

Re: Why is a diagnosis taking so long

Postby metalbones18 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Thank you so much for taking time out to reply. WIll deffo do this

Return to “Newbies Room”