Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hello!

If you're new and want to say hello...
dory45

Hello!

Postby dory45 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I came across this forum while looking for some help.

I lost my Dad in November and was just getting back to normal when my Nan was diagnosed as terminal and sadly passed away 7 weeks later. It's really hit me hard this time. I thought I'd be feeling better once we had the funeral for Nan, but I'm just getting worse. I cannot stop crying, I'm exhausted all the time, I have no enthusiasm for anything and just think oh what's the point about everything. I've suffered with depression before, back when I was about 17 but have been quite stable, just having the odd bad day. I've never felt this low! I'm calling a staff counselling service run by my employer tomorrow but I just don't see it working, even though it has before. I'm so desperate for help, I feel totally hopeless. I've started having anxiety and panic attacks which is something I've never had.

vitasw

Re: Hello!

Postby vitasw » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi Dory,

I'm so sorry for your losses. It must be so difficult dealing with that much loss at once.

I've just said something similar in another post. But I had anxiety problems for the first year after losing someone (and it's still something I have to keep an eye on). The anxiety got better, although grief and everything else was still there.

Counselling services can be really helpful with things like anxiety and panic attacks. It's worth a try anyway. Good for you for calling them and looking after yourself.

All the best,

V

rsxo

Re: Hello!

Postby rsxo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi dory45,

Sorry to hear about the loss of both your father and grandmother. It seems like they really had a big impact on you, and you find yourself in a difficult place at the moment. It appears that you're showing some signs of depression, but we can't diagnose you as non-professionals unfortunately. I think the best thing for you to do is to go to the GP and tell them how you're feeling.

I also think it would be really helpful for you to use a counselling service, so that you're not keeping all those emotions held back and you feel that you can talk to someone. Samaritans are great for voice calls, 7 Cups of Tea for text-based conversation instead!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Newbies Room”