Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

fear

If you're new and want to say hello...
mikedom78

fear

Postby mikedom78 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:03 pm

hello I was attacked and hit from behind 4 weeks ago I suffered a fractured skull and brain heamorrage,and I'm now feeling fit and healthy and recovered,but for the last 2 weeks I'm feeling a terrible sense of fear my heart beats faster and start feeling sick there is nothing that I'm scared about or should be fearful about,and I can't help it or get away from it this has never happened to me before but when it does I'm worried sick and and I don't know what I'm so scared of.thanks

rsxo

Re: fear

Postby rsxo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Hi mikedom78,

Sorry to hear about what happened. It sounds like you are feeling paranoid around either the person or the attack - if it's the latter, then you may feel anxious around any stranger, expecting them to attack you in the same manner. After experiencing such an incident, it's quite common to feel paranoid - however, it's not okay! I'd suggest you see a counsellor for a while to cope with what has happened - things can definitely get better!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

mikedom78

Postby mikedom78 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:43 pm

hello thank you for the reply my children where with me at the time and I was out on the floor unconscious for 15 mins untill ambulance arrived they thought I was dead my 10 year old girl said her last words to me and the trauma they went through breaks my heart,I'm panicking at least once a day for around 1 hour 30 mins and normally happens about 14.00 this has been going on for nearly 2 weeks but the previous week I was also crying but luckily that's stopped I just end up scared and worried sick I pray to God it passes with time I shall take your advice and visit the doctors again thank you very much I appreciate it

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:58 am

Hi and welcome!

that was an awful experience. I was once attacked like that coming back from the gym club where I was a coach. Four yobs, for no reason at all. I wasn't left unconscious and the x-ray showed no damage - only bruises. I suffered bad PTSD and soon gave up coaching there for the stress of meeting them again was too much. (The police were pretty useless)

You have PTSD and therapy may help you overcome it. What you're now suffering is perfectly understandable and a normal reaction to such traumas. It will pass in time - even without therapy, but the memory of it will never disappear. I'm on the autism spectrum, which means that panic attacks are quite a 'normal' aspect of life - something I'm forever trying to avoid. It must have been horrible for your family. I hope your attackers got caught. Those few selfish, evil people in the world spoil it for all the rest of us. x

mikedom78

Postby mikedom78 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:17 pm

hello and thanks for the reply I am glad to hear you say it will go in time as that's what I'm hoping for most I'm 39 and this is the 1st time I've ever had any of these feelings it's like a form of torture daily.and I'm so sorry to hear what happened to yourself people can be cruel and thanks again

mikedom78

Postby mikedom78 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 am

hello I returned to docs yesterday and he said I have ptsd and it needs dealing with right away before it manifests itself into depression 2 weeks ago he gave me a leaflet about a company to get in touch with called inclusion matters so I contacted them and I have an appointment next Wed but I've just been looking at the letter and the appointment is only a telephone conversation,if my doc said it needs dealing with right away how can a phone call possibly help I'm in the uk.thanks

Return to “Newbies Room”