Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

feeling lost and scared and nobody to turn too

If you're new and want to say hello...

feeling lost and scared and nobody to turn too

Postby julie59 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:49 pm

Yesterday i was feeling very down and went for shower, and i hacked all my hair off, i don't know why i did it, i lost my brother last year and cannot come to terms with it, i feel the nhs let him down and left him to die, he was treated terribly in hospital everything was left until the last minute to try and help him, he was taken from me after so many years of him struggling with an alchol problem he lost alot of his insides but was sober for over 2 years and was doing so well, then the cancer came and took him within days of us finding out, i suffer from anxiety and since losing him i feel worthless and unloved by all my family, they say its all in my head and to snap out of it, but after yesterday i think i need to talk

Re: feeling lost and scared and nobody to turn too

Postby deb1960 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi Julie

Have you.been to your doctor. I think you do need help and he may suggest counseling

Take care
Deb x

Re: feeling lost and scared and nobody to turn too

Postby countrysolegirl » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:59 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I am so sorry for all the feelings stuck inside and that your family is unable to truly listen or be of support. My Dad died of cancer and my mom was unable to listen because she was dealing with her own grief. I think it is really good that you are reaching out for help !! I do think that talking to a professional counsellor would help lift some of what you are feeling,what do you think? I hate having to tell strangers my personal business but I did learn recently that talking about trauma helps the right and left brain integrate the experience with the feelings, which heals you ! Have you written about it at all? You could write and throw it away if it helps to know no one will ever read it? That has helped me when I have so many feelings stuck inside that I don’t know what to do. You are on the right track-don’t keep it to yourself ! Your distress and sadness are so very real, and that’s ok!

Return to “Newbies Room”