Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Alone

If you're new and want to say hello...
countrysolegirl

Alone

Postby countrysolegirl » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:42 am

Posting here is part of my comittment to improved mental health.
I have felt alone for so long.
I have suffered for 27 years, hiding what I really experience . It is a miracle I am alive.
I can’t consider myself as successful anywhere in my life except staying alive.
I am a mother to four children and a grandma to two boys though I am only 43.
I see the accomplishments of “ normal “ people and accomplishments of those who are severely mental ill and condemn myself for my total inability to do anything, to get anywhere in life.
Self hatred began so young for me it is a habit, and one I must be rid of to move forward and accomplish anything. I have tried alone and gotten nowhere. I would love to hear your stories of overcoming self hatred and loving yourself despite diagnosis and struggles.

marcusmojo

Re: Alone

Postby marcusmojo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:09 pm

Welcome
I am also new, like you I have overwhelming feelings of utter inadequacy. The last 3 years have been a particular nightmare and like you I feel very alone. I have become interested in art and that has helped as a distraction and given me new ways to communicate with others, maybe finding an interest could help.
Welcome anyway.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Hi countrysolegirl,

Welcome!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

amaya

Postby amaya » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:38 pm

Welcome :)

Try not to compare yourself with others. You seem to be quite focused on the idea of accomplishment.. but I am not really sure what that means. Your value as a person is not measured by what you achieve, but by who you are. I think when we don't feel good about who we are we wish for achievements to show to ourselves that we have some worth. But actually they don't matter even if you have them if you don't love yourself inside.

I haven't figured out how to do it myself yet, waiting for therapy.

countrysolegirl

Postby countrysolegirl » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:14 am

Thank you for all the replies - validation is so therapeutic. Not feeling so alone after reading them. Amaya I appreciate your reminder that our worth is in being and not doing. Thank you all and may your burdens be lighter this week.

Return to “Newbies Room”