Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hello

If you're new and want to say hello...
Babs

Hello

Postby Babs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:56 am

Hi

New here. Just had the worst night ever depression and anxiety are out of control. I don't know how to manage or what to do. Have absolutely no one I can turn to here but two teen kids who see the state I am in. Guilt as a parent and what im doing to my kids adds to the fear and sense of being at a total loss as to what to do. I dont know where to turn but I feel like I can't deal with the way my head feels. I never felt so alone in the world.

wand

Re: Hello

Postby wand » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:20 am

Hello, sorry to hear you have had such a rough night. Im new hear as well, I hope you can find some support on the page/forum. Do you ave anyone you can talk to? Have you told your doctor how your feeling? Hope you can find some help

Babs

Postby Babs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:25 am

Hi,
Thanks for replying and hope that you are doing OK?
I have no-one near I can talk to. I am sure that situation is not helping me. I am totally isolated. I have been to the Drs before when I have felt low but nothing like this. They always offer anti-ds and sometimes courses that have a long waiting list, I've done one in the past but it wasn't that great. I just want some human contact and support. I have considered a and e today I am so desperate but I am frightened. I just can't feel like this any more.

wand

Postby wand » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:32 am

Hi I think the general advice is to go to A and E if you feel you cant cope right now or I think call the none emergency number ( sorry brain cant remember it at the mo) But id say if i doubt call 999 if your are in a bad way they can support or advise you.
Ive not tried it myself but Samaratens and I think Sane have a phone or email chat service so you can talk to some one supportive. They are not counsellors but are kind and supportive and allow you to talk about how your feeling. I dont think you even have to give a name.
I believe you can reffer yourself for some CBT help/support some areas have Talking Therapies or Positive step think it would be worth you haveing a look if you feel up to it at the web sites. I hope that is helpful.

I am in a terrible state myself at the moment so I can empathise with how your feeling, I can rearely leave the house so feel very isolated.

I find finding something your greatful for and something you like helps alot when things get bad

Babs

Postby Babs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:36 am

Thanks. I am sorry you are having a bad time. Isolation just makes everything worse but when you're in such a bad state I have no idea how to make contact with anyone. A and e scares me as I have kids, one is 18 but one is 15. I'm scared they might take them away. Or make me take meds. I don't know what to do.

wand

Postby wand » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 am

I dont know about you but it sometimes helps me if I do something to help myself even i it is not going to help right now. Maybe have a look at talking therapies and see what you feel it would give you some option to get help that is not A and E though please do go there if you feel bad. Some areas have charity counselling services that might be able to help you ( sorry I know that is not now).

Sorry just reread your message and see you dont feel in the place to contact anyone please only use the info ive suggested if and when it feels ok for you.

Ive always found writing it all down helping me if you worry someone may read it burning it can actually be quiet theraputic :)

amaya

Postby amaya » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:04 pm

I think you need to go back to the GP and ask for a referral to the community mental health team. If you have had meds and short courses of CBT before that have not helped chances are that there are underlying reasons why the depression keeps returning and worsening. You need someone like a psychiatrist or a psychologist to take an indepth look and then see if there is some more indepth therapy or medicine that is appropriate to help you. If you are not satisfied with the first answer you get then I would make another appointment and see another doctor until you get the help you need. You shouldn't have to deal with this alone.

Also google if there is a Mind group in your area and call them to ask what services they can offer you.

Return to “Newbies Room”