Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Depressed and alone newbie

If you're new and want to say hello...
ob77

Re: Depressed and alone newbie

Postby ob77 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:27 pm

Ive been in contact with a few of my old friends who i hadnt seen in a while, as my ex thought they were weird or something. Idk? But basically hadnt seen them because she didnt want to. Theyre all doing what they think is best for me without actually asking me what i think is best. Usual bloke reactions of move on or lets go for a drink. I tried going for a drink friday, but as soon as i had my 1st drink i just wanted to go home. I knew i had made a mistake, but i was stuck. Didnt want to just leave my mate but was also over 30 miles from home, so just stuck it out feeling more and more depressed but being "normal" to my mate. Actually woke up really early just to get away. I say i woke up early but i never really went to sleep.
Its nice having people showing me their love as they are in their own ways. Everybodys different, but until u feel as i am and you are and everybody else on here its something that i cant explain to them. I dont want people walking on egg shells around me, watching what they say. I just want normal. To be a nob but to be told im being a nob.
Tbh im not sure what i really want anymore
On a lighter note i finally got enough appetite to eat today. Only a sandwhich, but after a week of nothing i considered it a win

Ob

ob77

Postby ob77 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:11 pm

As midnight draws nearer im finding myself feeling more lost than ever. I was having a good day today, somehow managing to put things to the back of my mind and relax a bit, but now......idk? Never thought i would say how much i hate christmas and new years

johnbeln

Postby johnbeln » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi Ob

I was wrapped up in bed and dreading the whole thing I tuned the radio onto a chat show which wasn't banging on about the fireworks and settled down to just ride it out when my daughter and her partner came around insisting that they see the new year in with me
I had to just accept that they will not leave me alone
So now not only am I trying to show some interest whilst thinking where is she

Don't worry we can get through this...
It's one night by Tuesday people are back to work

Can you get LBC radio? It's keeping me sane

JohnB

ob77

Postby ob77 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:21 am

I just need to know how she could be with someone else days after leaving me. Its tearing me apart. Thought i would do better than this. My god im struggling
I can just see them screwing
I dont know what 2 do

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:58 am

Hi ob and john

I feel your pain. All I can do is offer suport as I have my own struggles I in jail.

Make sure you see your GP and ask about support groups.

Isap

johnbeln

Postby johnbeln » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:36 am

Hi Ob

I know just how you feel I don't know where my partner goes
At first I couldn't sleep as I would see her with her ex
He is the natural father of our Daughter and recently came back into our lives as our Daughter had a child suddenly he is invited to family events... Talking to people about being the father
People were confused as they always believed I was the father and my daughter calls me Dad
I have to believe that this is for some reason that I can't see at the moment
I have just spent the last hour with her, my daugher and her partner prentending that what she is doing is not affecting me... At the moment I am in my bedroom she is downstairs I am not going to ask her if she is staying or going I need to stop hurting
If she goes it will hurt so I spend my time on this forum for support.

See your GP speak to the Samaritans at anytime this is how I got through the first few days
You need support it doesn't matter where it comes from you can not do this on your own

i would rather be talking this forum than confronting her about anything

This is where I get relief and strength and this is where you will find strength to deal with this
You will find answers but first you need to look after you

YOU COME FIRST!!!!

JohnB

amaya

Postby amaya » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:50 pm

I just want to say that snoring is a beautiful gift, a sound that always lets you know someone you care about it close and enjoying a rest :) I think if someone leaves you for that reason then you are truly better off without them. I know you are hurting now, but there is nothing wrong with who you are.

One day you will enjoy xmas and new year again. And you are welcome to talk as much nonsense with us as you like :)

When I am really lonely and there is no one to talk to I go on 7cups to have a chat with someone and it can really help. Other than that for getting through the crisis moments, I really recommend investing your time in your friendships, old and new. Share the different problems you face with different people on different days so you don't need to worry about off loading too much on one person. Real friends won't mind and they know you are going through a lot.

johnbeln

Postby johnbeln » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:36 pm

HiOb

Are you around let us know you are ok

Thanks

JohnB

ob77

Postby ob77 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi. Im still fighting. Today, for me has been a lot better. I dont know why? Whether its the fact that christmas is over and im back to work tommorow or whether its the meds i was prescribed kicking in idk? I just feel somewhat human today.
I havent thought about her a lot today which is somewhat a miracle for me recently and ive felt a bit more sociable. However i have noticed that nearly all of my friends who went out last night havent spoken to me today. If its because they saw her last night idk? But would be nice just to here from them

Ob

johnbeln

Postby johnbeln » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Hi

I am glad you're feeling better today
Just think about you.. Some friends may contact you again others won't
The thing to do is to make sure you are ok!!!
Whenever it gets to much just write how you feel
The more you just vent the less time you have thinking about her!

Now do something for yourself for example I would never spend more than £50 on a pair of shoes as the family always came first.. Today spent £160 I felt really guilty at first but then I though who cares... Whatever makes you better as long as it's legal then just treat yourself

JohnB

Return to “Newbies Room”