Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Sluggish Brain Syndrome

If you're new and want to say hello...
betterinrecovery

Sluggish Brain Syndrome

Postby betterinrecovery » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:00 am

Hi Forum Members!,
I am dealing with what I can only call a Sluggish Brain Syndrome today...I can't get my brain to work. I feel confused and really sleepy. This does happen to me from time to time, it is particularly frustrating when I have things that I need to do.
The sleepiness and sluggishness could come from the side effects of the anti-depressants and the depression and not sleeping well.
Does anyone else have this sleepiness and brain fog?
How do you deal with it?

amaya

Re: Sluggish Brain Syndrome

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Yes. Strong coffee and physical movement. Sometimes that make it pass. If not, there's always tomorrow.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Hi

I deal with it in a similar way to Amaya and if I have to do stuff then I just blag my way through as best I can and try to put off decisions until tomorrow.

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:59 pm

I agree with the others, I take a nice shot of espresso or two, function like a kid on sherbert afterwards, :lol: :lol: ;)

I'm not sure if its med related or just down to the fact that combating mental health throughout each day is mentally taxing, probably more than we realise and hence the exhaustion and fogginess sometimes.

I use to so acupuncture when I suffered with anxiety, and that really helped me relax and sleep and brought my blood pressure down also. maybe that's something you could check out, it probably wont work with just one session though, you need a course, but a good acupuncturist will check and diagnose and then suggest the best course of action.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:29 pm

Thank you. It is good to know that I am not alone in dealing with this problem. The other day, I had to walk into town, drink coffee, walk again, it was about 2 pm when my mind finally cleared.
True, I use a lot of energy just getting myself up, dressed and functioning.
True also, that too much coffee can send me into the jitters.
Sometimes, I have to just lie on the sofa...
Frustrating...
Thank you for your replies.

tll

Postby tll » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi!

I think I had this problem when I first started taking my meds, and it still hits me now and then. I hated that feeling of confusion and I often felt quite dizzy - I think I found that my eyesight went a bit fuzzy, or just the confusion was really hitting me. A lot of this passed after about 2 weeks of being on my medication.

On really bad days, to be honest, I just get myself set up with food and blankets and put on a Netflix show that can run through the day that doesn't require much concentration.

Other days, like people have said, physical movement - it's cold out at the moment and walking outside when its 1 degrees does quite a bit to wake you up! Sometimes getting up and doing something easy but productive can help me perk up a bit - I tend to clean the oven quite a lot at the moment...

I hope you're doing ok. And perhaps if it continues with no improvement a trip to your doctor might help?

teamn

Postby teamn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:35 am

YEAH, I have ha dthe eye blurriness an dizziness of late, didn't think it was related to AD, just had no clue what it was, thuht it was old age..lol, but probably meds

Return to “Newbies Room”