Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Don't Know What to Do

If you're new and want to say hello...
skyeteal

Don't Know What to Do

Postby skyeteal » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Hello.

I'm in hospital after my 4th serious attempt on my life. I'm off my antidepressants for health reasons and it feels like all I can do is sit in bed and hate myself for not doing it properly.

Any advice would be wonderful.

Thank you,
Lexa

Cyprus

Re: Don't Know What to Do

Postby Cyprus » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi welcome to the forum
I hope you have support this is a great forum with people who having similar experience
I am sorry you are having such a rough time please keep safe hugs cyprus

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:55 am

hi

hope the nurses and doctors arr being empathetic towards you.

4th time, things must be or have been really tough, I'm not sure I can give advice but ill try (and i can converse with you, if that helps), i think you want advice on feeling crappy, i can say, i guess you would feel crappy, hospitals are not the greatest places, and obviously your depressed, so its all very normal feelings.

How did you get past the last time you tried, maybe think of the similar things that helped you get through each day before. Not sure if you have family or friends that can come and support you, or if your going back on antidepressants any time soon either. Did antidepressants help while you were on them?

really sorry for the pain your in right now, i wish there was so much better support for people experiencing mental health, before we reach a crisis point.

skyeteal

Postby skyeteal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:10 am

teamn wrote:hi

hope the nurses and doctors arr being empathetic towards you.

4th time, things must be or have been really tough, I'm not sure I can give advice but ill try (and i can converse with you, if that helps), i think you want advice on feeling crappy, i can say, i guess you would feel crappy, hospitals are not the greatest places, and obviously your depressed, so its all very normal feelings.

How did you get past the last time you tried, maybe think of the similar things that helped you get through each day before. Not sure if you have family or friends that can come and support you, or if your going back on antidepressants any time soon either. Did antidepressants help while you were on them?

really sorry for the pain your in right now, i wish there was so much better support for people experiencing mental health, before we reach a crisis point.

Thank you, I'll try. Friends are coming but the nights are still hard. I'm going back on my medication so that should really help. :)

chelle74

Postby chelle74 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:15 pm

:| Hi ,I am new to all this,the Sane group I mean ,not mental health,my heart and hopes are with you. I can’t say it will all be okay as what is okay when your suffering at it’s worse at this moment,I respect you and can offer a chat at any time. Your pain,hurt,loneliness all of it is true and believe me I believe in people like you. I hope something shines some light and helps you,all I can do is offer my friendship to you a fellow sufferer.

amaya

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Welcome :)
Feel free to talk to us as much or as little as you want about what you want.

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm glad you got friends coming, and can totally understand when you say nights are hard. the feelings that led you to attempt suicide were obviously there even though you have friends, so its the pain and loneliness and other individual reasons that made you attempt to take your life.

I do hope the meds help, and hope that you get some effective professional support as well as friend and family support, and obviously were all here t chat aswell when you need it.

tll

Postby tll » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi Lexa,

I hope you are receiving at least some of the support you need in hospital.

I think one of the problems you face when you have mental health problems is that different things work for different people. I find myself trawling through the internet and books looking for something new or different that I haven't yet tried. It's not a long term fix but when I'm feeling stuck I just try to do something different. If I've been on the computer all day, I'll get up and clean the oven, or go for a walk - that kind of thing. I think it just helps distract me for a while.

I expect your options for distraction might be a bit limited at the moment, but maybe see if your friends can just bring you a bunch of different things you can go through to give you some distraction while you hopefully get the support you need. Books, magazines, some paper to draw (even if you're terrible!), or write, I recently learnt to knit (very badly, but it keeps my hands busy which I find can help), music. I think talking can help, even if it's not about what you're going through, but just about anything.

I hope you are doing ok, and that your medication helps.

Much love

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi skyeteal,

Sorry to hear about what you're going through - we're all here to support you!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Newbies Room”