Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Feeling empty

If you're new and want to say hello...
mgoodman

Feeling empty

Postby mgoodman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm

For the past 6 months or so I've been struggling with anxiety, overthinking, and depression but despite feeling horrible I still felt able to create hopef and was able to present myself as the same bubbly, fun character but recently I've started to doubt myself in everything and will constantly compare myself to others and how they would handle a situation better or worse. I also feel as if I've lost my mojo and i am worried that other people will also notice as well and as a result stop liking me. What has been most worrying is that I have been judging myself and others a lot and I can't seem to shake these kind of thoughts. For example, I am judging myself for posting on here whilst months ago it would have made me feel better.

mgoodman

Re: Feeling empty

Postby mgoodman » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:53 pm

Pls, any advice/help would be really really great

christabel

Postby christabel » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi

I found I had to stop thoughts before they went any further. Take my mind away from negative by distraction.
Don't let them take hold as I found it just spirals out of control and can become a habit.

Everyone's different and we can't know what others are thinking or doing. We are just guessing. No one is any better or worse than anyone else.
You come across as a nice person and posting on here is sensible so I would not worry too much.
I hope you feel stronger soon. Chris.

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:40 am

hi

I'm going through some things right now, so going to really try and give good advice and dig deep, I think the judging comes from you having the depression and anxiety, so I agree don't give yourself a hard time, recognise that these thoughts are more than likely related to that and that they are false.

just as tonight you posted anyway regardless of the thought, and you hopefully have not regretted your decision, and seen that judging yourself negatively was a mistake. If this worked in past, its definitely not a error or something to negatively judge yourself on.

Judging others well that's a normal part of life really, its unfortunately something all the billions of people in the world do, but when it becomes extreme or takes up too much of your thoughts its also something to try and ignore. I mean although we judge, we shouldn't,as we never know anything about what others are going through. I heard a quote on Real Housewives of New York today and it was something like, 'what you say or think about others and how you make them feel is your path, and how you react to what is said is your path'

I really liked that quote, and it for me, explains why we must try not to judge, but everything in life takes time, all lpattterns take time to break. Be kind to yourself

Return to “Newbies Room”