Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

can anyone relate to me?

If you're new and want to say hello...
aleciaxo

can anyone relate to me?

Postby aleciaxo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:41 am

Hey guys,

I’m new to this so just looking for some people who can maybe relate to my situation.

I’m a 20 yo female with anxiety, previous depression and OCD ( I have a skin picking disorder ). I take 20mg of Citalopram daily.

For the past 6/7 months I’ve been feeling as though I’m in a world of my own. I feel as though I’m in a constant dream state. People sometimes have to repeat things because I just say dream when they say things to me.

I don’t know whether it’s just my anxiety playing with me but I’m worried a lot.

I think I may be a bit of a hypochondriac as well because I always think too much into things regarding my health.

But anyway I just want to know... does anyone feel the same as me? Constantly in a world of their own? Or should I be worried???? :cry:

Would be nice for someone to talk to :lol:

aleciaxo

Re: can anyone relate to me?

Postby aleciaxo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:40 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:

teamn

Postby teamn » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:25 pm

good morning,

hows you, I can say I relate to the depression aspect pf how your feeling, and when it was quite bad I was often in my own world, and people often had to repeat what was said, now I often cant tore too much in my head, or rather I chose not to, probably a bit of both, as if I think too much about things, I get more depressed, so I think there's a bit of dissociation going on, to enable me to just get through my day.

I hope you find a few more answers on here about the other things your going through, and I'm allways available to respond to your post, as long as I'm not sleeping, breastfeeding, playing with daughter, crying lol. Ii do try to check everyday though.

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:35 pm

Have a look at nomorepanic.co.uk

They have subsection on depersonalisation and derealisation

amaya

Postby amaya » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:16 pm

This is something I don't experience myself apart from rare moments that really don't last long. If it is happening enough to make you worry about it then it sounds like something you should check out with your doctor.

aleciaxo

Postby aleciaxo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:44 pm

Thanks for your replies! :D I do think a lot of it is to do with my anxiety and the medication I’m on.
I find when I just lock myself away in the house I feel a lot worse then in social situations I start to day dream.
I’ve started going out more often now and I’m starting a new job Thursday :D
I’m lucky I have my bf I suppose, I’m not alone in that sense.

I do have a family history of mental health prone. My grandmother is a paranoid schizophrenic. I do sometimes worry it could skip a generation! (My mums ok). But my mum did tell me my grandmother showed signs of being ill when she was younger than I am and that I am nothing like her.

I know it sounds like I’m just moaning on but I really need to get this off my chest! I’m such a worrier! Like I said in my first post I think I may be a bit of a hypochondriac :lol:

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:46 am

it doesn't sound like your moaning at all, I think we all feel a little like that when we start our first few posts. I know I did and still do, think it takes a bot of getting use to using forums like this to speak so candidly about what WE ALL face, so nerves play a place in it in various ways, your nervousness may make you feel your moaning , ie have no right to speak (forgive me if I've interpreted that wrong), but you have every right to type and share and ask as many forms of advice as you feel necessary fro your well being.

how have you been feeling since last post?

tll

Postby tll » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Hi!

I definitely find that I can slip into a world of my own, especially when I'm by myself for the day or something like that. But sometimes I feel myself drifting off when with friends and then suddenly snap out of it and realise I have no idea what's going on!
I think sometimes, this just happens, and it's nothing to worry about.

Though when I'm by myself I just really try to get out and about - being around people, even those I don't know helps me. I go into town, take a walk, just get myself surrounded by people. Or if its raining and I don't want to go out I try and do something active and purposeful - tidying, cleaning, that kind of thing.

Also with the skin picking, to keep my hands busy I knit or colour. I basically just try to make sure I'm not sitting there without moving, as then I tend to pick.

I think people's experiences are different with mental health, and their solutions too. But I don't think that that means people can't relate to each other or build off what helped for certain things.

teamn

Postby teamn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:32 am

hi I think it really great whattll said, especially the last paragraph

' think people's experiences are different with mental health, and their solutions too. But I don't think that that means people can't relate to each other or build off what helped for certain things'

its so spot on, that our experiences ae different and solution swill be too, that's so important yto remember when seeking advice, and like tll sad we can build of something that makes sense , and what helped for certain tHings, and add our own individual elements or tools to continue to help ourselves where we can,

Return to “Newbies Room”