Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hi! I'm new to the forums

If you're new and want to say hello...
tll

Hi! I'm new to the forums

Postby tll » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi!
I've been browsing these forums for a little while and seen some helpful things, and mostly just people being supportive for each other which is lovely.
Not entirely sure what to write here... I wanted to join these forums as I've been finding things very difficult recently, and it just seems to be getting worse. I don't know how other people feel, but I'm finding it very draining having this whole depression thing hanging over me! I keep thinking how nice it would be just to have a break from me for a little while - but I guess it doesn't work like that! :)
Anyway, I've been using those SANE text messages for a while, and find it nice to get a message like that when I'm feeling a bit lonely, so I figured I might find some more support here.

Hope everyone has had a nice day!

amaya

Re: Hi! I'm new to the forums

Postby amaya » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:33 pm

Welcome :)

Depression is tough. Feel free to talk to us whenever you like. Sometimes you wait a while for a reply, but the people here are supportive :)

tll

Postby tll » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Thanks amaya :)

teamn

Postby teamn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Hi

I totally get what you mean, abut having break from yourself. I long for that somedays, lol. welcome to the forum. talk about anything you want, I started off slow first of all, but then found everyone so supportive and kind, that I was and am just able to let it out, which is so helpful. I think that's a big problem with depression in the real world, we have to keep it in so often, as peoples reactions to it are not always a s supportive. so come here and let it all out, and hopefully you'll feel better, at least a little better.

ive ever heard of the sane text messages, what's that about?

tll

Postby tll » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:55 pm

That's so true - and I think people don't really know what to do even if they want to help. I'm not sure, but I wonder whether I might find it a bit easier to talk about these kind of things through this sort of anonymous forum as well. And typing gives you the chance to go over what you say before you press submit!

Oh I found it somewhere on this website - they send you a message once a week, just with a little supportive note, and actually mentioned coming on to these forums.

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:55 am

good morming Tll

how have you been?

I totally forgot to check page 2 of the thread in the section, so didn't realised until today tat you responded. I'm still getting use to site, I thought new reponses and unread posts automatically appear on page one, my bad , lol.

yes definitely feel that this space, could be good place, I find it useful, it works alongside the other support in my life, I dont use anything in isolation or think only one thing going to work anymore, I grab everything I can and try and create my own multi faceted support system for myself. lol.

tll

Postby tll » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi Teamn

That's quite alright - I'm getting used to it all too.

Not entirely sure how to use the forums effectively to help, but hoping I'll muddle through and be able to fit it into my own support system like you're trying to!

Any tips on building something like that?

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi tll,

Welcome to the forum!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Newbies Room”