Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
mihaela

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby mihaela » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello Brummiewolf and welcome!
At least you have a good way of coping, playing the guitar. It must be frustratin g not knowing whether you still have epilepsy or not. Hopefully they'll put your mind at rest over that, and good luck at your local church. You're sure to make friends there :)

brummiewolfie

Postby brummiewolfie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:27 pm

mihaela wrote:Hello Brummiewolf and welcome!
At least you have a good way of coping, playing the guitar. It must be frustratin g not knowing whether you still have epilepsy or not. Hopefully they'll put your mind at rest over that, and good luck at your local church. You're sure to make friends there :)

Hey Mihaela,

Thank you for the welcome :)
I had my 2nd apt with the CMHT last week and they have now discharged me because there is nothing more they can do for me because im stable, which I guess is a good thing. Im still waiting for the apt for the neuropsychiatrist which ive been told could take a while. I have asked them (CMHT) for any info on any local support groups I could attend, so hopefully they will send me the info :D
Im No Longer A Slave To Fear, I am A Child Of God! \O/

neppymum

Postby neppymum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi,

I am female and 21 of course, as I have been for many years. ;)

I am not sure if this is the right place for me.

I have had 3 odd inexplicable events in my life. I am non religious and generally don't believe in any other form of paranormal or events which don't match the rules of physics, so that only leaves some form of psychosis to explain them.

I hope I have found the right place at last! I am not sure though because deciding they are psychosis related does raise new questions to puzzle over, like explaining the witnesses to all three events, so I am still exploring this explanation.

amaya

Postby amaya » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Welcome :)

anros1

Postby anros1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi I'm a new on here so I'd like to say I hope you are all doing well today.
I am 29 going through my second episode of depression/anxiety. The first time I didn't tell anyone about it until I had gotten the help I needed, now it's happening again I feel like history is repeating itself but I'm struggling to ask for help.

jillian

Postby jillian » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:36 pm

Hello,
I'm Jillian, older than dust and have had depression and anxieties for over 28 years. I also have problems with emotional regulation, in that I cry a lot of the time and very easily. I find it easy to type about myself on computer, but fail almost totally in talking to people face to face.

I like to laugh as often as I can because it helps me to feel less stressed. I have a dog which helps me do this, sometimes if only when I have to pull myself back onto my feet again after she has knocked me over.

I have a couple of children who also have depression and anxieties, which causes even more anxiety for me. And I also have a husband who likes a drink who also causes more anxieties for both me and my children. On the positive side however, he also makes us laugh, so one often cancels the other out sort of.

Thanks for listening/reading. Jillian :oops:

jason75

Postby jason75 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:47 am

Hi folks

I'm a 40 year old guy who is married with 2 boys, one is 3 years old in February and the other is coming up to 7 months old. I should be happy with life, I know I love my wife and 2 boys with all my heart. However, I feel constantly down, when someone criticises me I take it to heart and it makes me feel sick to the stomach, like I'm no good. I've cried myself to sleep on numerous occasions, because even though my wife tells me she loves me, I convince myself she is embarrassed by me and regrets marrying me, even though I can't think of any rational reason why.

I saw this website and thought I would give it a try, I didn't want to go to my GP as they tend to fob you off with a prescription for anti depressants, which at this point a don't believe is the answer, this however would be a good place to start.

christabel

Postby christabel » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:32 am

Hi Jason welcome to the forum. I hope you have had a browse about and you are most welcome to join in or start new post of your own.

Just being able to share/support others who live with similar feelings can make a big difference. We don't ask to be this way so should not feel guilt about it.
Depression can leave us feeling worthless and useless but it does not mean that it is true. Have you spoken to anyone about the way you feel?

Take care. Chris

Jac

Postby Jac » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:39 pm

Hello Jason, welcome. But I'm also really a newbie too, although I see I joined in 2015, when I came to sign up today, I'd forgotten I had!

I just want to say to you, don't feel bad and don't think your wife thinks you're no good, etc. Our minds and thoughts play real tricks on us when we hav edepression and anxiety (I speak from many years experience) and I would recommend that you find yourself a counsellor or therapist to talk to someone, it is a real help and some people find this enough to help them get through.

Your GP can recommend you to your local community mental health team which is free, and I think some charities like SANE and Mind might have free counselling. Some people get great benefit from learning CBT- cognitive behavioural therapy, but don't just suffer in silence. Please!! If you can afford it, there are loads of private therapists who offer counselling, and there are many who can help. You can google, search for them in your area.

I have taken medication, anti depressants, etc, but they don't get to the cause of the problem, which talking to a trained professional can. In fact the medication I was on made me more anxious and gave me suicidal thoughts. Not good! But some people find drugs helpful to get them over a particularly bad stage.

Hope this helped a little.
Jac)

Return to “Newbies Room”