Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
hippychick

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby hippychick » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi
I'm a 46 year old mum of 5, work part-time and I'm a bit nutty. I did have PMDD which was compounded by turning pre-menopausal so I had a hysterectomy last year but at the same time I began suffering from work related stress caused by bullying from my manager. Just before my op my mum was diagnosed with cancer and sadly she died in May. My stress got worse and I'm currently battling severe anxiety, paranoia and depression. I also have IBS. I'm on Citalopram, Mirtazapine and HRT. I stopped taking my IBS meds cos I felt it wasn't really helpful. I've had CBT level one (half hour sessions) and tonight I'm starting what's been termed as level 3; hour long sessions. I'm not looking forward to it. I'm still waiting for some counselling arranged by work. This morning my boss told me to take a week off to rest cos I've had a couple of meltdowns over the last couple of weeks.
I just wanna be happy and go back to being my normal self.

c9999

Postby c9999 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:30 am

hello,

i'm here since i hate NHS mental health services.

they don't get modern society.

they keep telling that:

- smoke
- drink
- like sex
- have taken drugs before
- use slang
- hate religion/don't go to church
- like designer clothing
- play video games
- go to a uni away from one's home town

are all evil, and i should get sectioned for them. so then they can go and section me, if they choose.

linlin

Postby linlin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:14 am

hi i am a newbie i joined sane for friendship and help with my mental health as i have agrophobia and border line personality i have no friends and only one member of my family that will help which is my daughter gemma but she is moving to a new chapter in her life so cant rely on her as i have been

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 am

Hi linlin

Welcome to thd forum

This is not the best thread to post on so how about reposting on ynur own thread in n ewbies section? You whll get more replies that way

Isap x

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:42 am

Hi Linlin.

ISAP is right about creating your own thread but I also think it is great to post a brief introduction here as you have done.

Welcome to the site, have a browse jump in where you like. I often find that replying to others is a great way to start a conversation on the web.

evilke

Postby evilke » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am new as well. I am 32 years old and I ve just came out of existential depression, that was quite tough, and I think I will battle my GAD til eternity, but these are not the reason I am here. :) My best friend has been suffering from paranoid schizophrenia for 20 years now since he was 11. For a long time i did not understand why he is struggling with any kind of official paperwork or making phonecalls. I accepted him as a weirdo, even though I tried to understand him but he never really been open about his feelings. Since I know him he hit rock bottom a few times, that means that he lost his job, his accomodation, but he was able to stand up again with the help of friends. Since we have moved to the UK its just me and him. Not many people knows about his condition anyway. So the thing is that we suspect that he is autistic. Recently he cannot function very well. It is an extreme downhill that is hard to watch. He cant go to work, he cant make phonecalls, he mostly cant get out of his room. I see how he will lose his accomodation, his income, his everything and hit rock bottom again. And I dont know how to help him. And to be honest I have no idea how to reason with a paranoid genius. He doesnt want therapy, he doesnt want medication and all this for a 'perfectly good' reason of course. He is also talking about being suicidal that freaks me out. I talked about this to my therapist and she suggested the possibility of forced sectioning in the case of self-harm, that sounds horrible to me and I dont know if I would be even capable of doing it. She is saying that is tough love, but I dont know. I am frustrated, helpless, and totally clueless. I am sorry if this doesnt fit into the topic profile, but this is my story at the moment. :)
But I also like reading, music, and having long, exhausting debates with my friend.

littlemissanxiety

Postby littlemissanxiety » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi there

My name is Danielle, I'm 24 and from Yorkshire. I am known amongst my peers to be football crazy, a little bit weird and someone that gets along with everyone.

I joined this site a long time ago but as of late, I have been suffering quite bad to the point where I don't want to talk to anyone (not even my family, who are usually my go-to). Since I was 16 I have been suffering on-off with symptoms of severe anxiety and depression. I say 'on-off' as I have been to therapy multiple times in the past 8 years and the symptoms have returned. I put my relapses down to dealing with things that some wouldn't say any person in their early 20's would have to deal with (septic shock, coma, loss of pregnancy, loss of a close family member and an absolute near death experience).

Recently, I have been finding it hard to cope with how I feel. My employer is quite understanding when I'm away for therapy sessions but due to my anxiety, I find it hard to trust anything that anyone tells me. I have just come back from a four day holiday in Spain, in which I had the best time. I found it was an escape from home life and being able to forget about everything for a few days but now I'm back it's like it's all come crashing down on me again.

I know this is meant to be a 'welcome' and 'get to know me' post so I will leave this as it is.

This is me - for now!

pops21

Postby pops21 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi guys

So I've just logged on to site site hoping... Well I don't really know what I was hoping. Anyway erm a bit about myself well I'm a 21yr old female from north Yorkshire, who suffers from depression and anxiety since I was 12 and also self distructive behaviour. Feel like it's just deteriorated as times gone on as I've lost interest in doing things that made me so I guess I'm kinda lost atm and at a low point.

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi pops21, welcome to the forum. Hello!
There are people who can emphasise - you're not alone in this. Sorry to hear you're at a low point. Is there anything in particular worrying you? Do come back and post again when you feel you can. Take care x
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

sharon12

Postby sharon12 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I have never used a forum before & thought it would be good to talk with people. I was diagnosed with Bipolar over 20 years ago, I have 4 daughters, 3 of them hormonal teenagers & I'm 46. I'm currently trying to come out of a depressive episode, with the help of a massive cocktail of prescribed medication. I have been on medication for years, well it's going to be for life. I have many friends but not one of them has mental health problems & they just don't get me, I'm sure many of you know what I mean. I don't really know what to write?

Return to “Newbies Room”