Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
andthistoomustpass

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:40 am

Nerves are natural. I didn't find it condescending. It is good to know you have found a path out of the forest and good of you to take time to share. I didn't find your post weird, I agree with a lot of what you have said around embracing all emotion and experience.

Welcome to the site and feel free to post as much or as little as you like wherever you like. We are not a busy site but we support one another as best we can and newbies are always welcome.

Starting your own thread in the Newbies and Mutual Support rooms is a good idea. They tend to be busiest and where you will get most responses.

Take care

alexthehat

Postby alexthehat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:48 am

Thank you, and you.
It's good to know people have resources like this and it's truly heart warming to see people supporting each other so readily.
No one is alone in their feelings, despite how much it may feel that way sometimes.
Not ready for my own thread just yet but maybe one day.

Peace and Love.

kr3mi7

Postby kr3mi7 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:10 am

Hi everyone,

I'm Paul, 37 and a little lost the last few years.
doctors don't help and feed me pills which don't help and hard to speak out freely. i have family and friends but as you all know we put on a brave face. I'm not suicidal but I do think id be better off not being here as cant see a light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. best way to explain myself is I was always the life and soul of the party, the joker, the cheeky chappy but now i barely recognize myself...

I shut myself away alot friends message and call but i Ignore them. everyone thinks im ok but im slowly going down hill....
had a big break up 5 years ago i cant seem to recover ive lost all my confindence cant talk to people as i used too with energy all i do is work eat sleep.

well thats all for now any positive comments and help would be appreciated as i dont know if councelling would be good as i believe in natural healing (try not to take pills)

many thanks :D

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:03 am

Hi Paul, and welcome!

I'm sorry no-one's replied to you, but posts are often missed and there are only a few regulars here. Do you know what's caused you to become depressed? Have you been referrred to MH services? GPs just tend to dole out drugs, but often they don't work or have unpleasant side-effects, and you don't want to become addicted to them. It sounds as if those professional you've seen aren't doing enough for you. Unfortunately, you really need to persist. Counselling and CBT are more likely to help you than medications. Have you been offered any? This is what they would normally recommend. Keep trying. Don't give up. :)

sarahjan

Postby sarahjan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Hello, I'm Sarah-Jane, I'm 22 and I've suffered with anxiety, depression and severe OCD since I was 13/14. It means i haven't had a normal social life. I'm an only child and I hate one of my parents, which means I'm terribly lonely. I've always been an over-achiever at school, and that led me to undertake a university degree simply to please other people, as I was "too smart" for the degree i really wanted to do. My OCD meant that I never left the house, I travelled to university the whole time and have no friends. Through CBT I've been able to diminish the effect of my OCD to about 40% of what it was before, which is a major achievement. Now I feel ready to live my life, but i'm preoccupied by my loneliness. I live in the middle of nowhere in Northern Ireland, and as soon as I finish my degree I want to move to London, to meet like minded people. It sounds patronising but it's true that there isn't many people who share my interests here (the theatre, literature, drama and comedy), I live in a kind of cultural void!

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:49 am

Hi Sarah and welcome!

Well done you on getting so much from the CBT, I know how much effort that takes.
Loneliness is a horrible feeling and it is great that you are making plans to change your life, to go and see what and who is out there.

Feel free to post wherever you like on this forum, all threads are open to everyone, people tend to get more responses by starting their own thread in the Newbies or Mutual Support rooms.

Take care

scotty94

Postby scotty94 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:04 am

Ok...
Well...
(Not too good at these so bear with me)

I'm Scott, I'm 24 from a town near Brighton.
I have had Epilepsy since I was 14, my uncle and best friend died when I was 16 (uncle- MS, friend- Cancer); I was raped by my ex at 17, diagnosed with Depression at 18 (although I had had 'counselling' before). More recently I have been told I have Autisic traits (although they wont say i'm Autistic); that I have traits of EUPD (they wont say I have this either even though are effectively treating me for it) and am having Panic Attacks... at least thats what what we think they are, as well as another of my good friends commiting suicide.
Although I was on target for straight As across the board... thanks to the Epilepsy I didnt get one... although I still got OK results. However, I have had 3 chances at College and only completed one year and that year was split between 2 different colleges. My last attempt was cut short due to an overdose and an attempt to jump out of the top floor windows.

My life... to say the least.. has been dull.

Oh... I'm also Non-binary and half my mums side of the family do not accept that.. to be honest they just dont accept my mum.

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi, Scott, and welcome!

scotty94 wrote:More recently I have been told I have Autisic traits (although they wont say i'm Autistic); that I have traits of EUPD (they wont say I have this either even though are effectively treating me for it) and am having Panic Attacks... at least thats what what we think they are, as well as another of my good friends commiting suicide.

All of us with HF autism have EUPD traits. In women EUPD is a very common misdiagnosis. Often, especially when young, and especially if female, professionals hold back on diagnosing autism. I think this is misguided and can lead to a life time of difficulties and confusion. If they told you you had autistic traits, then the chances are that you do have autism - and it won't go away. I have panic attacks too, quite normal because anxiety is usually a big part of autism (and EUPD). I've also had several friends who ended their lives, a cousin, an aunt and maybe my brother. All apart from the aunt most likely had autism. Epilepsy commonly occurs with autism. When I was your age I had an EEG for they suspected epilepsy - although only mild.

Oh... I'm also Non-binary and half my mums side of the family do not accept that.. to be honest they just dont accept my mum.

I hadn't got this far, but I suspected it from reading the first part of your post. This is much more common on the autism spectrum than in the wider population. Gender dysphoria and confusion is 6-7 times more common. Although it's possible to have both EUPD and autism, I pretty certain that at least you have autism - and probably the same type that I have. :)

thequeeninthenorth

Postby thequeeninthenorth » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi, I’m really new here...

I’m university age .. but not in university due to me dropping out of school at 15z. I used to be a smart kid, but then due to circumstances ... lost the will to learn, I suffer from manic depression and have quite serious anxiety aswell as soxial anxiety.. I live alone so never have anyone to talk to. I have a lot of childhood trauma that I really need to speak to someone about to start dealing with, but my health stops me from doing things I want to do. I’m so lazy.. so tired and messy.. I can’t do basic things consistently like shower and take care of myself. I used to have a clear pathway in life, I wanted to be an interior designer but I’m working at a dead end job trying to pay bills and have no motivation to sort my life out!!

I have these bursts of energy every so often where I want to get help and sort my life out like today, but it isn’t consistent. I really want to fix my life and learn how to be smart again. I miss the old me. I want to be active and stop being afraid of leaving my house.

I really want to exercise I fear if I stay in bed all the time it’s going to make me really unhealthy.
Anyone have any ideas to combat the laziness?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi.

I'd suggest not thinking of yourself as lazy is a good starting point :) . I've heard it said by experts that lack of self compassion is one of the pillars of depression. Cut yourself some slack :) If we could consciously control this thing then we wouldn't be depressed or anxious, it can't be said too often that just trying to pull yourself together doesn't work and nor does beating yourself up about it.

I would try small and gentle steps. Break things up into small chunks. Start with getting dressed, then spending time in the sitting room one day before trying to walk to the end of your path the next, etc. A great suggestion I have heard for getting moving is to go to sleep in sportswear, that way you can get up, put trainers on and get outside without stopping to think.

Sorry this is the first answer you have had. This thread is mainly for introductions and questions or requests for responses are often missed. You will get more responses if you want to paste your post into a new thread in the Newbies or Mutual Support rooms.

Be kind to yourself.

Return to “Newbies Room”