Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

New Year

If you're new and want to say hello...
amaya

Re: New Year

Postby amaya » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:59 am

Well you've posted in the New Year thread instead of starting your own, but doesn't really matter :) Welcome.

These things are always really hard to start talking about, but it gets easier with practice. I held everything in for years and now I think I talk too much.

Maybe the memory loss itself it traumatic to you because it was a frightening experience, it could be that something happened, but also not. I think if you were seeing a therapist it would be a great thing to talk to them about because they would know whether it was wise to explore this or whether you needed some tools to start letting it go.

It sounds to me like it may have triggered a period of depression one way or another.

I am sorry to hear about your nan. If you are still grieving now that is already hard enough.. but if coming back home in a hard time was a secure thing for you then you will be feeling this loss even harder. No wonder you are scared to lose more, you are trying hard to hang onto security and that is completely normal when feeling low.

Maybe you can just print these posts out and take them to a doctor, then you don't have to think about what to say anymore. It will take the pressure off you. I think if it has been two years now it would be a good idea to go to the doctor, because it doesn't seem like something that will get better easily without support.

Let us know how it goes if you go, if you can't face it yet then you can at least keep talking to us. But then maybe you can start a new thread for yourself :)

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:31 pm

Hello Hebe (does your name begin with V?) and welcome!

Scared and lonely. Afraid of losing your parents. I know that feeling horribly well. I was always like that when they were alive, but now they've both gone, and I feel more vulnerable than ever. Ever since I lost my mum - five years ago now (I can't believe it's so long!) I've felt lost. I never go out at night, go to bed at around 7.30, and never answer the door. I'm still struggling for support, which has been on & off for years now. I've been defrauded of nearly all I have, including my house, by a man who befriended me and groomed me for 2 years. All I have are my loyal loving cats. Without them I'd go mad.

So yes, I really understand your feelings, but I can't think of a solution. All I can say is that I'm with you in spirit, and there are lots of us out there - little islands of loneliness. :(

amaya

Postby amaya » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Wow Mihaela that is hard. *hug*
(but do tell how you manage to get such an early night?)

Return to “Newbies Room”