Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Welcome!

If you're new and want to say hello...

Re: Welcome!

Postby ELIZM » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi
I am new to SANE and I would like to make new friends who understands what it is like to go through a mental illness. I look forward to meeting many of you through this site.
ELIZM

Postby isla » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Hello,
I am new to this site....I am a 54 year old female. I was diagnosed as bipolar 5 years ago after being sectioned. It was a terrible shock when I was diagnosed but I am more at peace with it now. Acceptance has set in. :D
isla

Postby ontheup » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi

I have joined this site to talk to and get support from, people who suffer with depression and anxiety. I would also like to be able to offer help to others who struggle with mental health issues.

Knowing that I can come here is reassuring, esp if I have had a tough day or am struggling with contemplating situations I find difficult.

No stranger to depression throughout my adult life, I had kept it at bay for a number of years (5). I am now suffering from an episode of depression which is the worst I have ever known. I recently had 6 wks off work as a result.

I also had my first panic attack two months ago and have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, in addition to depression. This is a new experience for me, including the attendent physical aspects of the condition.

Working in mental health, I am not here in any professional capacity but as someone who is reaching out to connect with others in a similar situation.
ontheup

Postby kbo1992 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi my name is Kyle.I'm 20 years old and a father to a beautiful 2 year old son.I have suffered from mental illness for most of my life and was previously diagnosed with depression but now i am being assessed for possible bipolar,OCD and borderline personality disorder.I joined because my psychiatrist gave me the web address and suggested i give it a go although i mainly joined as a way to share my feelings when i have a bad day.I'm sure i will chat to many of you soon and feel free to say hello.
kbo1992

Postby Anastasia-Steele » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I was advised to check out this website by an organisation called 'Get Connected'.

I'm a 50 year old mum, married (not happily), have six children, am disabled and have lots of physical and mental health problems.

The reason I joined here was because I feel very badly let down by the structure of the NHS who don't seem to be able to help me. In relation to my mental health, I have been pushed from pillar to post with everyone saying they are not the right department to deal with me. I now feel like I am on the scrap heap and left to my own devices. I'm hoping that here I may at least find others to talk to, where at the moment I have no one.

I'll post more about my issues in a seperate posting on the correct part of the forum. Was just nosing in to say 'hi' first.
Anastasia-Steele

Postby Chimpy47 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi everyone
Just join, not sure yet, never done this before, going through depression and anxiety, due to the sudden death of my husband, 2 years and 8 months ago, we had a good marriage of 33 years, on medication at the moment, hopping it will kick soon, most days are awful, but with a lot of hope that I'll come out of this hell.
:(
Chimpy47

Postby caz » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:38 pm

hello and welcome to the forum

the best room to start is the mutual room where everyone meets to support each other but you can go in other rooms too

hope to chat to you soon

xxxxxxhugsxxxxxx
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!
caz

Postby oobat » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Chimpy, I lost my wife of 40 years to cancer nearly 7 years ago so know what you`re going through. Welcome to the Sane forum, we`re here if you need to talk, post when you feel able, Love`n`Hugs, x Jim.
oobat

Postby May » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:24 am

Hi,this is my first day on the forum and It helped me to read peoples experiences on here and I felt alot of empathy ...I care for my adult daughter who never leaves the house or talks to anyone on the phone..Her life is more of an existance really as her gp refuses to come to see her unless she speaks to her on the phone ! Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing as I cannot see a way to help my daughter and am becoming ill myself ..Any advice gratefully received .Thank you xx
May

Postby judithj » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:06 pm

i suggest your daughter writes to her GP giving him permission to discuss her medical condition with you and giving you permission to speak to him on the phone to make appointments etc on her behalf. he has a duty of confidentiality towards your daughter so he can't speak to you without her written permission, hugs, Judith xxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."
judithj

Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies Room