Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Welcome!

If you're new and want to say hello...

Re: Welcome!

Postby Omar696 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi there,

I'm a 35yr old man who after 20 odd years of what I call 'swimming duck' syndrome has finally found the courage to get some help for depression. I still deal with my problems by hiding them away and if anything gets too much I self harm. I am hoping that by talking about my problems on here it will help me to not clam up so much when I am face to face with the team who are helping me. To be entirely honest the only way I can talk at the moment is in the anonymous world of the chatroom. Basically my illness is ruinning my life, family and job at the moment and I am desperately clinging to the last shred of hope that I can find..............................Cheery huh???
I hate what I have become to escape what I hated being.
Omar696

Postby Ragdoll » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Hey im Gemma Louise i am 18 years old i have only recently joined sane i am experiencing pyscosis the things i have been experiencing are scary cthe voices in my head want me to kill myself and i am also under assesment as they think there is something else i am under the early intervention team and have been for about a year i am still finding it hard to talk about how i am feeling so i pretend that i am okay when really i am not anyway i just want to say hello :)
Ragdoll

Postby mummymoo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:24 pm

hello I have joined here as I have suffered from depression and anxiety before and although now not on medication feel perhaps I'm not quite as strong as I think I am, I can be very up and down and sometimes just feel desperate. I feel like I am suffocating and just need space, but what space I don't know cos if I am on my own I then panic more. I am having trouble with my teenager and my 5 year old and am not coping as well as I would like and live with someone who really can't talk about emotions and feelings and I want my marriage to work but I know I need to shut up so hoping I will feel supported here so that I can be the perfect wife and mum and have a more content home life and husband. I need to learn to accept and be quiet but thats really lonely, do I sound pathetic? Probably very selfish sorry.
mummymoo

Postby judithj » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:08 pm

no-one is perfect - all you can do is do the best you can, not the best that someone else expects, not the best you can possibly do, but the best you can do under the circumstances. if your husband can't talk about emotions and feelings, then maybe it's something he needs to learn about, perhaps through relationship counselling. you seem to be assuming that you're the one who needs to change, that you're not being what he expects and needs, but why should you take all the responsibility, struggle to be what he wants while he carries on in his own little world. marriage is about sharing, good things and bad, hugs, Judith xxx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlLh1H3PLtU
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."
judithj

Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Hello there.

Postby Paulon1 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Just found out about Sane today, while i was looking through the internet for some help/advice on depression and low mood. I have suffered from it on and off for around 17 years now since around the age of 21/22 after i left the army.

I suffer from depression, though i have also suffer from manic, happy i will take on the world episodes that now when i look at it have controlled my life and have kept me stuck in a rut. Anyway i am here to make an effort to try and help myself to make changes and hopefully maybe even get some good advice and friendly support that will help me to start making some long term positive changes in my life.

So hello to everyone and i hope you find what you are looking for.

P
Paulon1

Postby caz » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:35 pm

heya paul...welcome to the board....the best start to start a discussion about yourself is in the mutual room....if you have anything that may trigger people for example : suicide, self harm, overdose etc, put 'trig' in your subject along with a post xxxhugsxxx
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!
caz

Postby ToubledxPrincess » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 am

hi
im sarah im 27 and have suffered from depression since i was about 12. im at college doing a level 2 animal care course.
i only joined sane today coz i having a really bad time with pain in my back and it is making my depression so bad at the moment.
i just feel like giving put but in a way i dont want to so that is why i have joined sane
sarah
ToubledxPrincess

Postby caz » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:57 pm

welcome to the sane board newbies

the best room to start in to receive help and advice is the 'mutual room'

if you feel suicidal, or self harm issues etc please put 'trig' in your title/subject so that those who trigger easily will avoid your thread xxxhugsxxx
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!
caz

Postby chay » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi,this is not a very good start but here goes, I have anxiety and depression which I thought I had under control until recently, I have been looking for self-help groups when I came accross SANE, the problem is that I am not sure how this internet thingy works.
chay

Postby mummysgirl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:29 am

Hi, I'm 26 years old and i have rapid cycle bipolar and antisocial personality disorder. My mum found this site and recommended it to me so i thought id give it a try :) It will be nice to talk to people who can actually understand and maybe even help when things get tough. I am currently steady and i take 800mg of quetiapine of an evening. Surprisingly quetiapine doesnt do great for my sleep as i have side effects (restless legs) i was on depakote 4 times a day but i reacted badly to it which ended in another attempt on my life so im currently waiting for a meds review. I am in a relationship with a very supportive boyfriend who understands me as he unfortunately lost an ex girlfriend who overdosed on antipsychotics she was prescribed for her bipolar. I look forward to making new friends on here and hopefully find people to talk to when things go downhill and hopefully i can also help someone when they need it :)
mummysgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies Room