Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Welcome!

If you're new and want to say hello...
pacman69

Re: Welcome!

Postby pacman69 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:06 pm

Hi all,

I won't go into to details here but over the past year to say my life has crashed is an understatement.

At this point I feel low and anything I start to rebuild will crash down again. Looking back at this past year and also that I've turned the big 40 I want to get my life back on track. Thinking about it and looking back I've had mental health / angzity in my life for a number of years which dragged me down and tried to cope with initial on my own and doing the " I'm a man and don't talk about FEELINGS" routine. I know this is the worst thing I could have done.

I want to say in advance thank you to all the support from this community I'll receive and offer what support I can to help you also.

I'm scared to talk to any support routes face to face or over the phone, so I thought via this site will be the best initial way. :shock:

Thanks all, give me a yell if I can help you , Pacman69

greyskies

Postby greyskies » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Hello to everyone here. I only discovered the existence of this forum about an hour ago and I made the decision to join. I am a middle-aged man suffering from clinical depression and everything that goes with it. Earlier this year my business collapsed leaving me in dreadful debt and with very few options. In truth, it has led to something like a breakdown. I have consulted a psychiatrist and was prescribed medication that, in theory, helps but, in practice, does not seem to.

I feel like an utter failure and a worthless blight with no hope for my future. I am trying to re-launch myself and turn things around but setbacks seem to pile one on top of another and each setback drives me deeper into anxiety and despair. It's like being at the bottom of a deep pit with no means of escape.

I joined this forum as a means of reaching out, nothing more. I know there is no cure but maybe there is a crumb of comfort to be had in sharing with people who, I hope, at least understand and maybe sympathise to some degree.

loulou620uk

Postby loulou620uk » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:32 pm

Hi there,
New to this but looking for support and guidance. I've just been diagnosed with depression today and started on medication and have to have counselling. I don't know I feel as I wasn't expecting to hear what I did today as I blamed every thing on my hormones. I'd love to just feel "normal again and to sleep better!!!

amaya

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Welcome both :)

Having depression is a struggle and here there are lots of people who will understand. The replies are sometimes slow to come due to everyone dealing with their own stuff.. but I have found it to be a good community here. It might help to start your own threads to talk about whatever you are dealing with.

pixienadrienne

Postby pixienadrienne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi everyone. I'm Pixie, I'll be 28 next month *gulp*, and I've been doing this mental health thing since I was 14. I've had anxiety, particularly social anxiety, all my life, and I went through a hard time at school and eventually dropped out early, at just 14. I became agoraphobic and couldn't leave the house until I was nearly 17. Now, I go out, but never alone. I've always struggled with being alone in a public place, and I've had some successes with it, but also some failures that set me back. I go out with my mother or a friend.
I've been in a bad place the past year. I started to get worse in 2016, and everything just went bellyup in 2017. Now this year, I'm trying to push myself for some change. I'm working hard on a few things, and have finally taken the plunge on my dream of having my own blog. That is helping me to stay focused and determined. I decided to join this forum because I'm isolated and I want to push myself to be out there any way I can, even if it's just online! Well, it's a start.
:D
Socially anxious, highly avoidant, sufferer of health anxiety, generally nervous nelly, depressed because of it, and a maladaptive daydreamer to escape!

Return to “Newbies Room”