Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Welcome!

If you're new and want to say hello...
wdz01

Re: Welcome!

Postby wdz01 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi,

I came across this website this evening and joined as I have realised I have a few long term issues that are affecting my life and I need help to move forward in my life!

sailorastrid

Postby sailorastrid » Tue May 30, 2017 12:06 pm

Hello

I have just joined sane online but have supported it before but never used the support myself. I have bpd and suffer from panic attacks, anxiety and have trouble sleeping. I was on a downward spiral with my illness that i lost my job. Whicb has set me back socially and mentally. I did try and get help, cbt ect but psych team said i had therapy about 3 years ago when diagnosed so i wouldn't get it again. So i thought i would see if talking to people on here would help better than just struggling.

Thank you for welcoming me to the family

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue May 30, 2017 3:05 pm

Hello sailorastrid

Welcome back to the forum. I hope you find it helpful.

Maybe try and start a post of your own as yours might get a bit missed on
this one.

It can be difficult getting the help these days so I'm pleased you have reached out and not just struggled yourself.

Take care. Chris

tracy101

Postby tracy101 » Tue May 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Hi there. I joined this forum, because I feel like I am in the biggest slump since my breakdown 3 and a half years ago, and I am trying anything to make sure I don't go there again and to find new coping strategies for depression and hopefully help others too.

emma81

Postby emma81 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:08 am

Hello, I joined because I don't what's wrong with me and I'm scared of what's going to happen. I can't get help, I can't explain why because I'm not sure I even know. There is so much in my head and it won't stop I can't breathe. It's not new, it's always been with me but for the last 36 months I have struggled to mask it and now I am making decisions that are seriously impacting my life and the lives of those who depend on me, I know I need help, I know I've never been normal but I've left it too late, they can't help me and even if I could face asking for help then I will lose the only things in my life that make me wake up in the morning. I just want it all to stop!

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:28 am

emma81 wrote:Hello, I joined because I don't what's wrong with me and I'm scared of what's going to happen. I can't get help, I can't explain why because I'm not sure I even know. There is so much in my head and it won't stop I can't breathe. It's not new, it's always been with me but for the last 36 months I have struggled to mask it and now I am making decisions that are seriously impacting my life and the lives of those who depend on me, I know I need help, I know I've never been normal but I've left it too late, they can't help me and even if I could face asking for help then I will lose the only things in my life that make me wake up in the morning. I just want it all to stop!

Hi Emma

You actually posted in a bad place because nobody ever reads this thread, although not your fault.

To answer your concern, its never too late to get help. Get an appt with your GP there is good medication which will sort you out.

Let us know how you get on. Also, repost your original as a new introduction on Newbies section so that you get more replies.

Isap x

linlin

Postby linlin » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:12 am

hi i am a newbie i joined sane for friendship and help with my mental health as i have agrophobia and border line personality i have no friends and only one member of my family that will help which is my daughter gemma but she is moving to a new chapter in her life so cant rely on her as i have been

cari

Postby cari » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:06 pm

just joined x spoke to sane on the telephone, thought they were wonderful which led me to trying a forum x I have been hospitalised for physchosis almost once a year for the past 12 years xxx 6 months ago I doubled my anti-physchotics so I was on the maximum dose x I haven't been hospitalised yet this year x until speaking to sane I hadn't realised just how long I have been scared of the physchosis happening again x

I was so unused to this new feeling that I didn't realise what was going on x I was ready to burn bridges and throw away all I had recently built up x until I spoke to sane and they helped me to recognise that I'm relieved x funny x I felt so silly x but it helps to talk ;) thank you

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Hi cari! welcome to the forum. People are really lovely and supportive on here so do come and visit and post some more.

Breathe x
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

hope4l

Postby hope4l » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi Just wanted to say hello after discovering this site and joining tonight. I am 50 something female dealing with depression only really starting to come to grips with my new realty after many unexplained 'episodes' since my 20's that have completely undermined me. Its been a long journey to get here. Recently found out have emotional disregulation which goes some way to helping me understand and accept myself when it seems like no-one else does, Has taken me a long time to accept that I have a mental health issue but now that I have I am starting to make some sense of my roller coaster life.

Return to “Newbies Room”