Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Welcome!

If you're new and want to say hello...
scott1979

Re: Welcome!

Postby scott1979 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:57 am

Hi everyone,

I suffer from an Emotioanly Unstable Personality (aka Borderline Personality Disorder). I have a wife and 2 year old daughter. I am 37 and worked for 17 years in office work and more recently support work. I am currently on sick, 7 months and still on a waiting list for therapy. I'm finding it hard to make new friends. So hopefully fellow suffers of mental health might be more welcoming :)

Pleased to meet you all
Scott

rachel93

Postby rachel93 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:24 pm

Hey, my name's Rachel
I'm 22 and I've been diagnosed with Borderline personality disorder and anxiety. I've been struggling with this for about four years now and even though I'm on medication I find it really difficult to make friends. I feel pretty alone most of the time so it'd be really nice to meet people on here, people that understand what it's like to have mental health problems. I was pretty nervous about posting on here so it'd be awesome if anyone replies :)
Thanks if you've taken the time to read this, and have a nice day
Much love, Rachel x

count-brakula

Postby count-brakula » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:29 am

Hi Rachel
I just spotted your post and didn't want you think that you had been overlooked, these boards can get quiet from time to time. Please don't let that discourage you because someone will respond to you, even if it takes a little while.
You needn't feel nervous about posting on these boards, we're a nonjudgmental bunch and we're all pretty much in the same boat.
Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope that you'll be able to find some support on these boards.

Take care,
Mike.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:10 am

As Mike says this is a non judgemental site. We all find life tough at various times and that makes us care for each other.

Although you're not obliged to post on other threads you'll get to know people better if you do.

Take care
Deb x

summerrose

Postby summerrose » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi. I've joined this forum as my husband suffers from mental health issues. We aren't sure what his diagnosis is as its been an ongoing issues for a number of years. His mental health has went very bad recently he got so very low and attempted suicide. I am trying so hard to support him but I do feel hurt and angry. I know he isn't himself and that he hasn't choose to do this on purpose but I just want my husband back. He doesnt want to speak to me and every time I give conversation he either goes into a different room or he doesn't give any conversation back. I try showing him affection but it's like he doesn't want me to even touch him but if I try and leave him to be he thinks I'm in a mood with him. He struggles to talk about everything that has went on but I feel he would be better to talk to me or someone to let them know how he is feeling. He has been to see the doctor numerous times over the years and has appointments arranged at hospital and with a CPN. So I know he is willing to get the help. I don't know how I should be dealing with the situation. I am trying to be strong as we have children together but between running around after the kids and trying to put on brave face is very hard for me. To make matters worse my family do not want anything to do with him after he attempted suicide as they do not think he is mentally ill. I feel I am torn I have said that best for neither to have contact as its not making my husbands illness any better and it certainly isn't helping me. Any advice from someone who has experienced or is experiencing a situation like this would be nice to hear from.

be

Postby be » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:20 am

Hi,

I am new here and want to share and provide support

Bella

jane2666

Postby jane2666 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:36 pm

Hi i'm Jane I live in London I was looking online for something that would help me i thought perhaps the samaritans then i came across sane so decided to have a look, i'm really going thru it at the moment i dont know if i can get thru tonight and cope im not talking suicide just insanity that has got out of control and tonight seems to be the worse well its been like it all day but i kept hoping it would go. As if lol :D

trananh

Postby trananh » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:07 am

Hi. very happy to be in this forum

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi trannah

Welcome to the forum
There is actually no moderating team so you would be best off posting in the Newbie section if you want replies.
The forum is very quiet right now

Isap x

imasurvivor

Postby imasurvivor » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:57 pm

Hello
I'm not too good with forums...they make me a bit nervous as I have witnessed someone once being attacked verbally, for no reason, in response to an innocent post about their own experiences ( not on this site). However, here I am giving this site a go.
xx

Return to “Newbies Room”