Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Welcome!

If you're new and want to say hello...
amberoid

Re: Welcome!

Postby amberoid » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:53 am

Hi everyone,

I wish I could read and reply to everyone but I can't. I'm new here but I was on a different mental health forum for a while.

Hi Gareth! I hope you were drinking decaf because caffeine can be bad for anxiety, I think. Don't worry about going to a café on your own. I actually do that a lot.

Hi swimmingintherain. I'm really sorry that you're lonely. You're not alone, ironically, it's a big problem in society nowadays, loneliness. I can only say that you could try and join in with things like going to a book group or something, and hopefully that might lead to making new friends although it might take time. Maybe sign up for a course at a local college, in the evening. Online courses are no good socially, nor is the Open University, although some people do enjoy those things, I don't.

I've been thinking about radios. It seems when I stop taking my meds, the radio starts to get really weird. Sometimes I just get static, and sometimes the conversations on the radio get really weird.

Anyway I'm going to look for an appropriate place for me to join on here. Thanks for reading!

minstrel

Postby minstrel » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Hi everyone.
It's good to read other people's experiences it somehow makes me feel comforted i suppose in a strange way.
I am a newbie, I am also fairly new to mh problems,I am suffering with ptsd and gad.every morning at 7am when I wake up I have a panic attack I cry through out the day and hide in the house,I feel so lonely and pathetic,but mostly I feel fear which is all consuming.i feel there is no light at the end of the tunnel and I'm a burden to my family.i find it very difficult to talk about my problems,I am hoping that this will help.

jessm87

Postby jessm87 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I haven't been diagnosed but I think I might be depressed. It got to the point where I asked my GP to refer me to a counselor. She asked me a few questions about how I was feeling and decided it would be appropriate. I didn't get the call from the counselor until about 3 weeks later, and at that point I thought I was feeling better so I decided not to book an appointment.

Anyway, I joined up because I think it might help to talk about it.

Thanks for reading.

dottyteacup

Postby dottyteacup » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:50 pm

Hello

It is very nice to talk to you all. I have depresstion myself and im a carer to my bf who has had depresstion since he was a child. Its a lonley world so i have joined to make some friends and to hopfully get a little support from those in the know

Dotty x

kellyjane

Postby kellyjane » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:07 am

Hi all,

I am Kelly, 30 from Leeds and new to this site. Not sure what else to say really! See you around.

Take care.

kittypae

Postby kittypae » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:28 am

Hi All,
I am Kitty Pae from Philadelphia USA. I just recently joined this year (2018) and am incredibly amazed by the support and information that this forum has to offer for us.

I had no idea that this forum was available since year 2008! It's incredible to see this and I feel more accepting of my mental health and disability. I used to feel alone and it was difficult for me to talk about it. So, I am on here to support others as I continue my journey to be confident in supporting myself and who I am - accepting that it's alright to be different, and maybe also be understanding of why (or why I am not) like others, and remain faithful to myself.

Thanks for reading.

Kindest Regards,
Kitty Pae
Kind Regards,
Kitty Pae

http://www.kittypaemusic.com

caz6

Postby caz6 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Hi, Im new to this. Ive had anxiety and depression from a young age and have a proper diagnosis now. It was very hard for me over the years. :)

christabel

Postby christabel » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:35 am

Hi caz and welcome to the forum.

Feel free to join in on any of the posts or start one of your own.

How has your anxiety/depression been at the moment.

:) Chris

casper1

Postby casper1 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:24 pm

hi,
I have suffered depression off and on for over 40 years I am now 60. I am married and have two son's. and a jack Russell.
I used to be a staff nurse but finished on ill health 2009.
I had a bad year last year, I lost my best friend jack (my dog) on my 60th birthday in may, mum broke her hip (age87) in july, she is doing well, my dad died in august. I seemed to be coping but strangely I never cried. in October I had to have my medication changed due to palpitations, so it's all been going downhill fast since then.
I would like to say hello to everyone. :|

ol

Postby ol » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi,

I am new to the forum/site, and I would like to say hello to one and all!

I have been dealing with depression for a few years now, and it has had a massive impact on my personal and professional relationships, as I find it hard to trust others.

I trust those close to me, but am always wary of colleagues and others who are new to me (at first at least).

Despite coming from a large family, I am an only child, and have found it hard to be around family at gatherings etc.

I become really insular, and sensitive when things are at their worst, and have been finding it difficult to be involved in things at work, opting to work without much participation in office conversations. As a result of this, I have noticed that my change in behaviour, has caused colleagues to be quite reserved with me, as I am usually quite sociable. I don't feel comfortable sharing the fact that I have depression with colleagues, so feel very jaded when I am not having such a great week, as I really do withdraw from wanting to talk, and I become quite easily irritable (not with colleagues, but with things that may trigger me: abrasive people, and things that I may not understand, for example).

I have come here as a way of being able to share with those who may be experiencing, or who have experienced similar things.

Thank you.

OL

Return to “Newbies Room”