Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Advice

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
mandmc

Advice

Postby mandmc » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Can someone please tell me if anxiety depression mental health etc can have such an effect on your body that you can't eat feel in pain feel like death is a better option than living because I don't know if I'm doing this to myself or if I'm ill .

Isap

Re: Advice

Postby Isap » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:44 pm

Absolutely. You're I'll like many of us here. I'm too I'll to give any good advice but never, ever give up.

Isap xx

meldjo

Postby meldjo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi,

I too have wondered about the exact same thing. But then I remembered this article that I read before in which a psychiatrist said that every patient of hers who attempted suicide, realized a solution to their problem halfway through attempting to kill themselves.
The best thing to do, is exactly what you're doing right now: seek help. However, you need someone who's actually a professional.

When your mind is not in the "right place", your body will definitely show that something's wrong. And this thing that death is a better option, that is a question that none of us will ever be able to answer... but I do know one thing: when you finally overcome a hard time, that's when life feels the best. Is it really worth going to a path that you don't know... or is it better to overcome that obstacle with all the help you need, and then look back and say: "I made it"

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:28 am

meldjo wrote:...I remembered this article that I read before in which a psychiatrist said that every patient of hers who attempted suicide, realized a solution to their problem halfway through attempting to kill themselves.

Yes, but perhaps not always an actual solution, but something new that gave them hope of a solution. That's my own experience, anyway.

The best thing to do, is exactly what you're doing right now: seek help. However, you need someone who's actually a professional.

Seeking help is vital, for we simply can't manage alone. Some professionals are excellent; others useless, unempathic and quite unsuited to the job - and I've met both types. If a professional fails to gain to gain your trust at first meeting, then don't see them again, for the stress they create isn't worth it. Request another and explain why. Some cause us more harm than good, and we need to be able to protect ourselves from them. Some non-professionals have become as good as good professionals - 'experts through experience'. Some professionals are also this too.

I do know one thing: when you finally overcome a hard time, that's when life feels the best. Is it really worth going to a path that you don't know... or is it better to overcome that obstacle with all the help you need, and then look back and say: "I made it"

I love this! Beautifully put... so true and inspiring. :)

mandmc

Postby mandmc » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:59 am

Thankyou for your replies it helps X

Return to “Rant Room”