Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Feel useless and no good at anything

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
sahelanthropus

Feel useless and no good at anything

Postby sahelanthropus » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:31 am

It all started when I was 17, when I had my first psychotic episode. Since then I’ve started 6 college courses only finishing 2, 1 with a bare pass due to a psychotic episode at 17. I’ve tried loads of jobs too with the longest one only lasting 7 months until I felt fed up with it.

I feel like I am only good enough for unskilled factory/ warehouse work, but I can never last more than a month doing them till I feel depressed and quit.

Recently This month I started an Open Uni degree in psychology but have already quit as I don’t think I am good enough to do it. I don’t have any idea what to do career wise, I thought about becoming a psychologist but obviously for me this is a fools dream for me because I have poor people skills due to crippling anxiety around people, which makes work no matter what it is hard as nails because I struggle with interacting with people.

Also I have no friends whatsoever, I have become sort of a recluse only going out of the house if I want to go shopping. I live with my parents and still depend on them to help me out financially as I am rubbish with money, and the little income I do get is from welfare, which makes me feel like scum especially when there is a plethora of programmes that I feel demonises people on benefits.

I want to work. But I only have 4 gcse’s at C level, a BTEC level 2 at pass and a motor vehicle level 1. I just don’t know what to do for work. I haven’t worked in a year either and when I have gone for interviews they look at my CV and see that I can’t stick jobs and then question why. I usually tell the truth and say my mental health has caused me problems but once you say that they run a mile, which to be honest I don’t blame them. I look so unemployable, but I really just want to find my passion but I have no idea what that is.

amaya

Re: Feel useless and no good at anything

Postby amaya » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:16 pm

How old are you now?

I wouldn't watch those programs. They are just horrible and also not true.

Maybe find a part time volunteer position that you can consistently do for a long time, that can also go on your cv in the future and will make you appear more reliable. I think to make the jump from nothing to full time work is hard for anyone.

Return to “Rant Room”