Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

The outside world

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
Cyprus

The outside world

Postby Cyprus » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:45 pm

Why is the outside so judging
Why is everyone concerned with things that don’t matter
It’s such a fast place world to noisy to busy and uncaring
I had a server once say to me cheer things can’t be that bad oh I said my grandmothers just died
You should never judge what you don’t know
So I’ve wrote a bucket listen and going to write 50 kind quotes to make people feel better and leave them around town I just would like people to realise there are some good people in the world
I truly believe people that have had to deal with mental illness have more compassion and empathy so I know who I want to be my friends xx Cyprus

deb1960

Re: The outside world

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:40 pm

I find the world very tough Cyprus. Even without mental illness I find it a harsh environment to live in and have always felt that I'm living in the wrong culture. Our society isn't suited to sensitivity. I like your idea of writing up beat quotes and leaving them lying around. I might do that.

I think it was Ghandi who said 'be the change you want to see in the world' .

Take care
Deb x

Cyprus

Postby Cyprus » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Just throught if I found a note on a rough day would make me smile x help me believe that there are some good people out there xx

amaya

Postby amaya » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:53 pm

What a great idea :)

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Cyprus wrote:Just throught if I found a note on a rough day would make me smile x help me believe that there are some good people out there xx

There's an Instagram user that places hopeful and inspiring notes across London, called NotesToStrangers. I've seen his notes around several Tube stations, and it's a great feeling to read one on the way to work! Based on that, I'm sure that your idea will light up people's days!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Rant Room”