Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Black weekend

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
velvet

Black weekend

Postby velvet » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:49 pm

I am so fed up with my life, it seems what ever I do to make it better fails. All my life consists of is work, I work all week and then the weekends are usually bad full of depression. Most weekends I sleep, I try to break the cycle but nothing ever works. When I do sleep a lot I feel worst usually ruinning my whole weekend. I'm in a job I don't want to be in but what ever I do I usually end up hating. I don't have the confidence to anything I want to. I don't see any good in life, all my memories are off bad things. I have a few friends and get on with people but feel so alone.

I try to make life better but nothing works always coming back to how it is. I read up so much and feel I understand whats going on in my life but still I can not sort it out.

Why have I been dealt such a bad hand in life, arghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :cry:

ulysses

Re: Black weekend

Postby ulysses » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:10 pm

hi velvet,

sorry you're in such a black hole/rut, or whatever you'd like to call it. reading self-help books is all very well but putting the advice into action is much more difficult. also it can be contradictory and reading too many of them can be confusing. i expect you can only remember bad things because you're depressed. how long has this been going on for? what is it you'd like the confidence to do?
have you a definite vision of what you'd like your life to be like? you say you have a few friends and are able to get on with people, so not all is hopeless, but perhaps they lack the depth and meaning you're seeking. i don't know what else to say other than that lots of us here are struggling with the same or similar issues.
ulysses
xxx
If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

Aisha85

Re: Black weekend

Postby Aisha85 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi there,

Im so sorry for how bad you are feeling. I know the feeling fully. If you have a few friends then great!!! Please lean on them and draw on them for support. Maybe a bit of time off work will help. It's hard to enjoy anything at all when you're depressed so it's no wonder at all that you've not enjoyed any jobs you've been doing.

Are you seeing a counsellor or medication?

I know the feeling about learning so much about depression but for it not to get you anywhere in terms of getting better. We have to keep at it I suppose.

Thinking about you and wish you well : )

Return to “Rant Room”