Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

This is probs just trivial lol but I need to rant about it

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
Dovahkiin

This is probs just trivial lol but I need to rant about it

Postby Dovahkiin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:49 pm

But I was playing on my Xbox earlier and I was listening to people have conversations with eachother while we all played Call Of Duty. Then I heard some kids voices, then to my horror they said they were eight, EIGHT. It's an 18+ game!! How irresponsible can some parents be? I don't want to judge, but come on, no one's that naive to not know that a war game isn't suitable for eight year olds. If/when I have children they will NOT be playing those types of games until they are of a suitable age, I'll admit I played those types of games (Grand Theft Auto etc) when I was 14 maybe even 15 but not at the age of 8! But I will not be allowing my children to follow my example. I wouldn't mind if they played them at 16 or 17 but not at 8. I know I keep repeating myself, but come on, EIGHT?! What ever happened to Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, or Bugs Bunny? Those are the games I played at that age. Jesus... Rant over :lol:

belle

Re: This is probs just trivial lol but I need to rant about

Postby belle » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:51 pm

And Bambi?!
8 sounds far too young for those games.
Oh dear....

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Yeah I forgot to mention that, I was too horrified about eight year olds playing war games. I used to love playing outside, when I was finally allowed to that is. Climbing mountains, running around parks, walking for miles and miles on end. Jo Frost (Supernanny) actually proved that children playing violent games desensitises them to the point where if they see violent stuff on the news etc it doesn't affect them at all. Which is really worrying when you think about it.. I just think it's wrong. xxxx

kasskaa11

Postby kasskaa11 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:13 pm

eight? yeh totally agree, sounds similar to my rant about the energy drinks earlier...

having said that, my ten year old niece is developing breasts etc... bleedin ell... i was playing
on tarzan swings and swimming naked in the river with all the kids in the street.... its not fair,
that kids arent allowed to be kids for long, as for early pubescent development, is it todays diet???

buggered if i know..

xoxox

need to stop ranting now cos its too near bedtime

nyty nyt

xoxo

belle

Postby belle » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Yes, climbing trees and running bare foot through fields....
Life seemed a lot simpler then.
I think Supernanny is great!
And I agree about those energy drinks too.
Grrr....

Dovahkiin

Postby Dovahkiin » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:45 pm

I hit puberty quite early, probably around the same age as your niece but still, kids don't get chance to be kids any more. Even though I'd hit puberty I still went climbing and stuff but it was a bit more difficult with breasts :lol: but anyway, I completely agree about energy drinks, I became a little addicted to them a while ago but realised in enough time that I could prevent it from getting worse. I think Supernanny is great too Belle. I love watching her. xxxx

Avalon

Postby Avalon » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:58 am

Kids are definitely not kids anymore. It's sad!

Samy

Postby Samy » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Long rant...I just need to get rid of it before I explode!

I was gonna open a new one here when I saw that this one already had a nice summary of what was going on in my head yesterday and still gets on my nerves today. :evil:

It was decided that I had to babysit last night. The kids stayed where I live and suddenly I was popular - not really!. Let's say normally they are very nice to talk to, good manners etc. Three of them between 4 and 11. Maybe I should add that I'm not a relative, just a friend who lives here.

So here I was, looking forward to a nice and relaxed evening when I heard the knock on my door. Long story short: The kids took a game from home because their parents don't let them play a lot on their xbox. They were told they can use my xbox and have 30 minutes each while staying at granny's. What a great way to spend time with granny. Not.

As it's not the kids fault, I let them have their 30 minutes and even more each, only to get into an argument with the older boy over the fact that a) If you don't like Harry Potter, why did you bring it and not a different one? b) No, Skyrim isn't for 9 year olds, c) No, Left 4 dead isn't suitable either.
Which resulted in the shocking discovery that his dad lets both of them watch how he plays BioShock and Left4Dead. :? :shock: So that's why you don't like Harry Potter. Makes sense now. Followed by a conversation about more game time which was extended already so I refused but guess what the reply was? "You're not my parent, you can't tell me anything!" Okay that's it, please leave right now. Which didn't happen but at least this time, I got granny's help because it was so obvious how peeved I was. So yeah, thanks for making me do it when I wasn't prepared at all. After this, I am still not quite relaxed, it's just way too much stress for me and stress is what I can't handle at the moment.

The girl, 11, isn't interested in games at all. She loves playing her instruments and enjoys to chat about music, her pets, or anything else that happens in her life.
When I was young, I loved climbing trees, riding my bike, skating, playing with My little Pony etc. I read books and when the Gameboy came out, I only played for maybe an hour before I got bored and wanted to go back outside.

Thanks for reading.

Return to “Rant Room”