Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Sane needs a refresh

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
brachypelma

Sane needs a refresh

Postby brachypelma » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:18 pm

when did the site get so challenging instead of supportive or a place to talk?
I think the board needs a wipe clean and start again, new rules and guidelines. Non aid related topics restricted or moved to a chatty room etc.
Keep sane clean
Time takes away the last few moments..

caz

Re: Sane needs a refresh

Postby caz » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:25 pm

i agree

i cant face posting at the moment in case i say the wrong thing

xxhugsxx
“The darkness that surrounds us cannot hurt us.
It is the darkness in your own heart you should fear."

Where there's a way out.....I will find it!!!!

kasskaa11

Postby kasskaa11 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:07 pm

hiya brachy, sorry but i dont understand your thread?

my heads up my backside atm, but i would like to understand what you mean??

ta,

annie

xoxo

oobydoobie

Postby oobydoobie » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Aid comes in many forms . For some involvement in light hearted stuff might be a much needed release from sometimes unbearable stresses.
So long as the forums don't become overwhelmingly frivolous and silly, to the exclusion of more serious natured forms of support,then there is no harm in occasional fun threads.
My newspaper

Support on these forums is dictated by being part of the in crowd or not, not by need.

brachypelma

Postby brachypelma » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Light heart subjects are good in places, although at times a post where the main person is user X and user Y and Z make a conversation on X's thread, noticed this alot of late.

I think there should be a converted room alike the concept of a sane trigger room for the purpose of that in all fairness to all sides be it trolls, trouble makers etc you can never tell if they are truth or lie so any threads that cause any disruption can be moved into a room where it stays sort of a vault, this way any people thinking they are being victimized or misunderstood can maintain a thread on the off chance its a real person that has a real issue or dont know how to explain things so in turn breaks guidelines of the more open support rooms.

Its got to a point in sane's life where everyone is suspect to another, triggering or purposefully aiming at someone direct or indirectly etc its become the equivalent of a petrol station rest room (ever been in there with a uv light? I have) this place used to be cleaner, less suspicion and less paranoia and less games.

brachypelma

Postby brachypelma » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:50 am

To be honest though I cant imagine faking MH to get attention, there are obviously better ways of drawing attention to yourself. Although the word attention is fluent to anything MH or at least mis placed, I get told im attention seeking personality because the clothes I wear black chains, metal rings, new rock boots etc gothware and stand out in a crowd obviously but yet the other day a woman came past me and my brother in a car park making sure people knew she is about to hang herself said to us i hope you dont mind me using this tree here (as we were sitting under it), the world is backward.
J's posted article was of a real subject and thus saw no reason it can be considered offensive, its alike hypochondria in some respects. To a level I myself have some minor hypochondria issues but for short periods until I remember a pre existing medical issue makes it hard for me to get infected.
The point is that if your suspicious all the time it makes it harder to talk, like caz (hi cazzie) who I have not seen here in a while. Another issue is that with a clean email address you can sign up again and again also leading to one person making multiple accounts to talk to themselves, I know I create loads of accounts (one at a time though- poecilothera,bc- rich pk, painkiller etc) but as im unique and people know its me and dont hide it. I have thought recently has it got too much here? but then why leave friends and people in need.

brachypelma

Postby brachypelma » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:26 pm

The only good thing that comes from issues here is it pushes you to seek others alike in real life rather than online. Although I have standing appointments with people on here in the next few months making a date to go as a group to an amusement park, never been to one myself lol. Also meeting another in essex in September.
Its getting better again here (for now) but we can all do without having to look over our shoulders.

belle

Postby belle » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello.
Just for information when I rang the helpline over all this a couple of weeks ago I was assured that it was not possible for a troll to sign back in as someone else or have multiple accounts. They did not know the technical reasons as to how this protection mechanism works. I was told I would be contacted by the mods. It didn't happen.
I am now awaiting a comprehensive response (due Wednesday) from the mods on all the issues which has been thrown up recently and this is one that I have raised.
I agree, we do not need to be looking over our shoulders.
Life is hard enough.

brachypelma

Postby brachypelma » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:52 pm

I hate to say it but thats BS, trolls can and thats how they seem to know who to hit and where, topic to use because they already know people. The mech is broken if it even worked to begin with, its easy to get bk how you ask? what they do is get banned/ duplicate account their IP address is blocked BUT all they have to do is go to another internet IP cafe, friends, android etc and then create a new one on that IP but will still be able to log in on their old IP that got banned. It did not take me long to find out how after looking at the scripting system for the site, you cant have 2 accounts on one IP (most of the time) but as when I switch accounts to start anew its ok, been here a while since late 2008 but hop accounts because of paranoia.

umbrella4therain

Postby umbrella4therain » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:26 pm

It is unfortunate but there is no way to stop it. As PK said they can just switch machines and who is operating a machine is not known. I also agree they know who to target etc. On the website posted on here following the recent saga there was a links page and within one of those websites is a forum on that forum was discussion of trolling and a member saying they have the information because they used to be a member. This was not necessarily in relation to this site. I really hate to say all this because I dont want to upset people or make paranoia worse.
Thing is there is little we can do but continue to offer support to people where we are able. Try not to become involved in scenarios where we feel we are being baited. Take a break if we need to. Report suspect posts. Continue to be compassionate to others inspite of any sense that they may not be being compassionate to us. Express ourselves openly but seek to limit escalation of conflicts by not being inflammatory. Using "I feel" rather than "you are" or "you made me" etc. Take ownership of our feelings and responsibility for our actions. Avoid blame. Be respectful of others at all times. All we can do is take responsibility for ourselves, others are bound to use this board irresponsibly at times but dont let it stop you from making the most of this space and getting and giving support.

i think it would be an idea to have a room where moderators and members can take part in open disscussion about issues with the board, trolling being one. Then the support room might feel safer because you dont have to deal with board politics if you dont want to and a sense of transparency with moderators actions and discussion of such in a respectful way. I think that board issues are currently dealt with only by private message makes it seem like there is an undertone going on behind the scenes, some people know whats going on, some dont and it just sets up the paranoia and alienation we are trying to avoid. There will always be conflict in a community but if it can be dealt with transparently in a seperate room which people can choose to remove themselves from or not be a part of, I think that would help to reduce the paranoia. I have sensed some anger towards the moderaters of late and I think it increases paranoia by the moderators being an invisible, faceless force. Its so much easier for projection of anger and other emotions to occur when there is a faceless, impersonal force. Hard to explain myself but I hope people understand what I am trying to say.

Return to “Rant Room”