Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I'm livid

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
chrissyb111

I'm livid

Postby chrissyb111 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:57 am

I'm livid, went out for a meal last night with my friend and my kids and we were talking generaly she then told them that she is a Samaritan nothing wrong with that till she told my kids that i rang the Samaritans and she answerd the phone of course she didn 't no it was me when she went to answer(there not allowed to talk to people they know)
What i am upset about is that she told my kids i rang the Samaritans so now they no which is somthing i didn't want them to know its private.

wishbone

Re: I'm livid

Postby wishbone » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:00 am

She has breached your confidentiality. You need to complain. This is not acceptable. I am horrified to hear it. :(

Lucretia

Postby Lucretia » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:05 am

im not well pleased about this chrissy!
absolutely she has breached your confidentiality,do you think maybe she was inadvertantley trying to help in some way?

i think you ought to have a word with her,explain it was private/confidential and if she doesnt have a good explanation for betraying your confidence,consider a formal complaint.
maybe you could ring saneline,that would be your private thing?
x
It's nice to be important ,but it's more important to be nice
xxxxxx

non muggle and proud

chrissyb111

Postby chrissyb111 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:47 am

Thank you you two,i don't no what on earth she was thinking i do feel like saying something to her but she has been a brillant friend to me and my kids over the years and i don't want to break our friendship.
I was am still horrifed can't get it out of my head couldn't sleep last night cos it.

wishbone

Postby wishbone » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:54 am

From what you have said, it seems that she was introducing herself, as if thought you would have told your children. In her position she should never make this assumption. If she is a friend, perhaps, what RJ says, may be the first option to speak to her about it.

Avalon

Postby Avalon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:49 pm

No wonder you're livid! I would be too. I hope that you can bring it up with her and that she realises that she could be asked to leave the Samaritans if they found out.

blix

Postby blix » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:32 pm

This is so unacceptable totally negates the whole purpose of the anonymity of the samaritans.
This is a gross betrayal of trust, cannot see any benefit of her telling your kids. What an awful situation for you. I would email them making a complaint about this.

kasskaa11

Postby kasskaa11 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 pm

not good eh?

you need to get it off your chest n tell her how upset you are, you may get
a satisfactory explanation...

good luck, i would be livid too

xoxo

Return to “Rant Room”