Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Letting off steam...

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
kat32

Re: Letting off steam...

Postby kat32 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:12 pm

I don't know what to think of work. I thought that I'd been given a chance to shine, and I've shown them the skills I have and how I've helped others, but I over herd them say that they were going to stop me from applying for the kind of work I am doing. I don't get paid for it now but was told that I could , I do better than them but they are so dead set against me getting a job I love and can do.
I have a feeling that they don't want to me to get work as they herd rubbish things about me. I've never upset anyone, hurt anyone and I know that it's not going to happen, I've herd that there not giving me paid work.
Then one of them says I'll put in a good word for you, keep reminding them. Why do people have to lie or be such hypocrits.

I have told them that I don't want to go back to the agency, and they look at me and say not directly in words but in metaphors that I don't want to work, which isn't true.

Ido want to work , I can do the job better than them, I just can't afford to set myself up or get loans. I'm so close to saying why arent you giving me a chance and falling out with them.

lameduck000

Postby lameduck000 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:55 pm

so deeply depressed right now.everything is getting me down.i look after my mum a few times a week and I feel over so whelmed.ive got 3 teenage kids .ive got so much to do all the time . my partner is ok but he has a habit of shouting at me when I don't feel good.my son says he hates him and it makes things so hard. my mum relys on me totally ,but I don't mind.just lately
she has been ill and she sounds so depressed and lonely she is a truly saintly mother just lately she talks so down and she is so lonely/.without me realizing it and I'm getting depressed too.
my life has nothing of worth in it and my partner/.im just so depressed

lealea

Postby lealea » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Have been in my job for 3 years and my first manager understood anxiety & depression as a close relative took their life, so I felt supported by her.
She changed jobs last year and my new younger boss is really not a people person, more of an eye roller if you don’t work at 100%.
I had a couple of mini meltdowns earlier in the year during a very busy period, and my bosses response was that it was not appropriate for me to go for the move up in my career we had talked about because I could not handle it. Not once did she pause and ask if I was ok or if there was anything the company could do to support me!!
I feel such a lack of support. My meds have been doubled and I have had ½ day off few weeks ago due to migraine and 1 day off around week ago due to stomach upset. Today at lunchtime when I went home not feeling well, her response was “you have been off sick a lot lately, you better come in tomorrow”. Again she did not ask if I was ok!! Grrrrrrrrr :x

tofler

Postby tofler » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:47 am

Hi lealea, your new boss sounds like a nightmare and a bit clueless to be honest with you! Does the company or organisation that you work for have an occupational health department? I wonder if they might be able to offer you some support as well as reminding your new manager that she has a responsibility to be supporting her staff rather than trying to intimidate them?

lealea

Postby lealea » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:50 am

tofler wrote:Hi lealea, your new boss sounds like a nightmare and a bit clueless to be honest with you! Does the company or organisation that you work for have an occupational health department? I wonder if they might be able to offer you some support as well as reminding your new manager that she has a responsibility to be supporting her staff rather than trying to intimidate them?

Hi, she is very young and yes, clueless. It is an American company but all the hr departments are in Germany. Also, I don’t want to cause any waves.

Return to “Rant Room”