Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
cheryl1989

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Postby cheryl1989 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:27 am

I have anxiety, OCD and depression and have suffered for years I’m fed up with myself atm I have had crazy changes in my mood since September this year. I’m up and down more times than a lift in primark! And lately I can’t control my temper, i am so annoyed and angry at every single little thing and have this burning rage inside me it’s hideous, then I shout and scream at my partner and the kids and I have came out with the most horrible things and afterwards I have this horrible guilt and feel so ashamed at myself and I feel like I’m going to burst out crying and never stop! Literally no one can do anything wrong without me going off on one. My psychiatrist keeps saying it’s just depression but I’ve had it for years and had long periods of time we’re im well, but I’ve never suffered this bad before I really hate myself and my life atm please someone tell me it will get better

jillian

Re: Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Postby jillian » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:54 pm

Hello Cheryl,
You sound so much like me, you could actually be my twin from another mother...
Yes, it can and does get better.... the one thing we need to give it is time... it does work - eventually the rage begins to subside and the colour starts to come back into your life... little by little... there is no magic wand unfortunately. Wish there was... I would wave it over everyone who posts on these boards if I could.

Take care of YOU, as you are just as important as anyone else.... and if we don't take care of US... who else will??

:mrgreen:

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas, and a Brave New Year.... ;)

jillian

Postby jillian » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:57 pm

Good... but not as good as the Diva's on the screen behind you love.... almost... but not quite... good attempt thought.... xx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUv22OH ... jreload=10

jillian

Postby jillian » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:25 pm

amaya

Postby amaya » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Cheryl it could be just depression. But such mood swings could indicate another issue. Could you make another appointment with your psychiatrist and maybe make a list of all the symptoms you have that you feel don't exactly fit with depression. You could ask about them and then the psychiatrist can explain why it really is just depression, or maybe could consider something more complex is going on with you now.

What kind of OCD do you have?

And maybe it is also the time of year.. it puts me on an emotional rollercoaster.

jt200

Postby jt200 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:51 pm

Hi Cheryl

I struggle with my anger a lot. I also have OCD and Depression. I struggled to let it out and kept it all inside and now I am trying to release it.
I don't like that part of me. Its sounds your in a similar way with regards to anger. I just kept ignoring my anger which was foolish of me.
The best way is to accept it and try to embrace it which is what I should of done. Which you are doing I think. Then try to manage it. I'm on that path now although I struggle. Although Everyone's reply is good. Im also very annoyed at the way my OCD has presented but hopefully as Jillian says this rage and anger will subside.

All the best J

toasterx

Postby toasterx » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:21 pm

From what you describe I wonder if you have had your thyroid and adrenals checked out? It is terribly under-recognised just how much of a role the endocrine/hormone system has on mood overall and specifically can drive extremes of anger and anxiety (that's how we're wired). My wife is now managing to address her adrenal dysfunction and along the line has been horrified by the states of raging anger she finds come upon her unbidden (and from which she has never suffered before). Thankfully we knew the cause before she would ever have made the mistake of going to a doctor for any mother's little helpers. You might also have a listen to Dr Kelly Brogan on the Joe Rogan podcast, she also has some very interesting perspectives to share...

T

Return to “Rant Room”