Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Jungle Gym -my garden

Being outdoors...
betterinrecovery

Re: Jungle Gym -my garden

Postby betterinrecovery » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Dear Chris,
Green tomatoes all over windowsill ..but they are not ripening.
:mrgreen: :lol:
Best wishes to you.
B

christabel

Postby christabel » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi b

Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. Got a bit tired.

Ooo I would love some greenhouse tomatoes. Sometimes one of our local shop sells them for a gardener. I will look next time I'm out although it has not been very often lately.

I do believe you grew yours outside though. Maybe that's why they are taking longer to ripen. Is there anything you can put along side them that will quicken it. I know there is for avocado s and other fruits.

What have you been up to in you garden lately? I have ordered a few roses to replace some really old ones that are not doing much now. There was an offer of free spring bulbs with them so looking forward to them arriving.
Hope you are feeling stronger. Take care x Chris

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:55 pm

Hello to you Chris! :D
nice to hear from you.
Yes, I know that you are having challenges with your health and meds so I know you can't be here sometimes.
I do hope you are feeling reasonably well in yourself. :D

I like reading your posts to me
I also like reading your posts to Maisi, though I do not always have the energy (or brain power to join in).

I have a bucket of green tomatoes! not grown in the plastic green house - how I wish I had used a couple of those plastic tomatoes green houses now :?

I shall know for next year (i should have known though).

I am interested in your spring bulbs, do say what you are getting and if you are going to grow them in pots or in the ground.
Monty Don was all about sorting out the spring bulbs on the TV yesterday,

I am in love with Monty (and with Michael Palin), my husband is aware of this and rolls his eyes :lol:

the soil in the garden is heavy clay and bulbs tend to rot and I have been disappointed in previous springs.

Re: the tomatoes, I will get some bananas and put them in with the green tomatoes...will let you know what happens next.

B

p.s. did you ever see the film - Fried Green tomatoes at the whistle stop café?
I think I did, but cant remember what it was about now.

I am enjoying Vanity Fair on itv (Michael Palin) and Michael Palin in North Korea (Michael Palin) and Joanna Lumley on the Silk Route (no Michael Palin).

will now start my own fan club for Michael Palin :lol: :lol:

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:58 pm

pps
I may have to make loads of green tomato and chilli chutney - I have been collecting jars,
more about this next week .
B

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Hi b

We could definitely get along tv wise. I'm loving Vanity Fair and Michael Palin and Joanna Lumley and Monty. Although I'm not in love with them so there won't be any competition for you.

Am I strange for not being particularly attracted to anyone.

I doubt you are doing anything with your green tomatoes seeing how you are feeling rough. Just rest up and have a bit fantasize till you are feeling stronger ;)

Take care x Chris

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:10 am

Thank you Chris,
More news about the garden and my thoughts on Michael Palin to follow :lol:
Best Wishes for the weekend
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Dear Chris,
Hope things reasonably well with you.
I have been in the garden, I have picked the very last few green tomatoes, :D yes I did grow then outside.
I did ripen some tomatoes with the help of bananas and the rest I have used in my chutney making. I shall try to post a photo on the Sane site photo area. If I am successful will let you know.
wishing you well
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:42 am

Another growing year about to start.
i wonder if I could begin by putting a simple design into the garden. I would be nice to have a sensory area. :idea:
It all has to be simple and easy to maintain then when I don't feel too good, I will not need to worry about the upkeep.
B

Return to “The Garden”