Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hurray for spring

Being outdoors...
r.g.loom

Hurray for spring

Postby r.g.loom » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:48 am

I don't know about you but I for one love this time of year!
I have a huge garden compared to most people. It has a greenhouse and vegetable garden. I'm only a novice gardener but I have found it so therapeutic. Each year I learn a little more. But this time of year is manic. I only have a push mower which looks like it should be an antique but it makes a lovely stripped pattern. I have already got a lot growing from salad to pumpkins. And am thinking of investing in chickens soon. I have made a small zen garden with a little pond and I think that's also why I love my garden because it's my calm space. Love to chat so post away any tips or just to say hi always welcome

mihaela

Re: Hurray for spring

Postby mihaela » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:06 pm

Yes! Hooray for spring!

I have a huge garden too (with a stream and a pond), as well as a bigger than average one here - with a green-house that needs using! Splitting my life between two places means that keeping up with gardens is very difficult, and I'll be giving up the big one within a year or so. I only grow flowers, shrubs, soft fruit and herbs now, but I used to grow vegetables and had an orchard full of interesting fruit trees such as quince, medlar, walnut, fig, greengage, morello cherry, damson, crab apple, apple, pear and plum - all gone :( I've kept bees, hens, guinea fowl, ducks, peafowl, dogs, goats and a donkey in the past. Now I only have two well-travelled cats. I once had whole fields and a wood, but no electric and got all my water from a spring, and fuel from the wood. That's how I'd like to live now, but it's a dream.

I agree that gardens are very therapeutic - even looking at pictures of them calms me. Humans are meant to be close to nature. If we're not, I feel we lose something deep within us.

stanley

Re: Hurray for spring

Postby stanley » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:10 am

Spring is the most beautiful time of the year.I can go outside without any sweater.I love flowers!My room gets so much sunlight and warm breezes.Best time to spend with mother nature.Colors just makes us happy!

Return to “The Garden”