Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Fiction Book recommendations

Being outdoors...
mezzaninedoor

Fiction Book recommendations

Postby mezzaninedoor » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:51 pm

Im struggling to read BIG fiction books like I used to so Im looking for shorter novellas or short stories or shorter novels to read as Im coping better with them at the moment.

Im not really into James Patterson for example as hes a bit formulaic but I have read some of his bookshots recently, being quite picky about which ones and I enjoyed Dead Heat, Black & Blue, Cross Kill, 113 minutes but I didnt enjoy The Trial. I have bought The Heist to read next.

Short Story book wise I have been reading 'Trigger Warning' by Neil Gaiman & really enjoyed 'Instruction Manual for Swallowing' by Adam Marek

mezzaninedoor

Re: Fiction Book recommendations

Postby mezzaninedoor » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:29 pm

Ive just found that there are also a lot of free Open University books on Amazon. They vary on subject and length but there are some mental health topics covered so Ive bought a load of them to read varying from 52 - 175 pages in length.

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:55 pm

non fiction recommendatiojn about BiPolar

'Surfing the Edge'

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Surfing-Edge-s ... B0167DQA70

3 biPolar sufferers are interviewed about thier conditions and a Mental Health Nurse reviews each chapter with Health Professional advice.

Approx. 170 pages

Interesting though all Mental Health conditions are different journeys im sure

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:53 pm

Readings about the only thing im managing at the moment, as a distraction from my low mood and anxiety ....... dont know why? Cant really make decisions about what to do to relax often as its another decision I have to make and Im not good at decisions

Thats why recommendations help

http://tonyamis.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/ ... -edge.html

suggers

Postby suggers » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:51 am

hi,
it sounds like you're into action/thrillers? that's not my kind of read, but I was thinking, if you can't find the book you want to read, why not write one? I know what you mean about struggling to concentrate on long books. matt Haig says in his book, 'Reasons to live', you should read and just read what you can it doesn't matter how long it takes to finish a book, you do what you can manage at the time. I think reading is very healing, so keep it up, good luck.

Return to “The Garden”