Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

CHIRPING TIMES

Being outdoors...
emmyj

Re: CHIRPING TIMES

Postby emmyj » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:30 pm

:lol: Sounds great. I love watching the birds in my garden. Though they're costing me a fortune in seed!

saifammar

Postby saifammar » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:03 pm

It is a good fun to watch birds in garden. you feed them seed .you are fortune

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:02 pm

Is it that these folks think we will be writing dissertations on bird watching ????

I dont get many birds in my garden as Eric the Cat has his wicked way with most of them. In fact I think the only bird I can currently see is a dead pigeon on the flat roof !!!!

:/

peterjoe123

Postby peterjoe123 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:58 pm

every morning I am sitting in my garden and I am writing my law Essay for my student and the birds are coming in my garden i fed them and its sound was so good this is the life i want to live.

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:10 am

I saw a flock of 70-80 waxwings yesterday. I love seeing them arrive after their long flights from Russia. They remind me of home. :)

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:16 pm

All I seem to get are the rats of the sky.
I guess we live too close to the coast to get the variety of garden birds that others get.

I do like looking for all the birds on the Norfolk Broads though, we get a good variety of bigger birds across the marshes and broads.

christabel

Postby christabel » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:04 pm

On the news today about the huge number of waxwings in the country at the mo.

Loving the fact that the new area were are living in has a lot of birds. Making friends with family of blackbirds that spend a lot of time in the garden. I'm trying to get them to recognise me when they come looking for their breakfast.

There is a small birdbath that the starlings love. Seen up to eight in together having a bath. The water was spaying all over, more like a shower.

The robin and tits haven't been round for a while. I just hope it's nothing to do with all the cats round Here. Like cats also though.

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:27 am

I miss starlings here. Years ago starlings and house sparrows were everywhere. Lapwings, cuckoos, partridges and skylarks also becoming rarer around here. There seen to be a lot more oystercatchers. Yesterday there were at least 15 of them in the field at the back.

Return to “The Garden”