Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Fresh air

Being outdoors...
gabry

Re: Fresh air

Postby gabry » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:22 am

Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear you can't sleep, there's nothing worse. Though I can send you a pile of ironing...
I started on Citalopram last year and I've had tinnitus since then, though when I sleep ok it doesn't trouble me too much - I hadn't thought that stress and fatigue could make it worse, that would explain why I had it so much a few months ago. I usually get it most in my left ear at night. When I mentioned it to the psychiatrist while I was in hospital last year she said I should get my ears checked out by an audiologist. Makes you wonder what's the point of being asked if you have any side effects!
I still haven't heard my eye scan results - unusual as they usually take about a week. I'm going to pop in to the surgery tomorrow and see if they've been advised. If not I'll ring the hospital that runs the screening programme.
I have got a start date for my school cleaning job, though, 5th September. I've got an induction on the 4th. It'll be great to come off ESA, I hate the unpredictability of the benefits system. Once I've settled in the job I'm going to look for a couple more hours work - probably admin - and claim tax credits, all being well.
I haven't done much in the garden, just a bit of weeding the other day. My son came home last weekend and bought me some beautiful, huge artificial dahlias and a white rose. They look gorgeous - yellow, white & red. I haven't seen any bamboo anywhere, it must be out of season.
I don't have a TV but do listen to Gardeners' Question Time on Radio 4. I like Alan Titchmarsh - he's quite a good fiction writer, very funny. I used to like watching Gardeners' World.
Well, I'd better go start the weekly blitz - washing, vaccing, dusting ... though I'll try to avoid looking at the heap of ironing :roll:
Take care & hug back,
Sheila x

christabel

Postby christabel » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:38 pm

Hi Sheila how are you?

Great news about your new job. I will be thinking of you 4/5th and hoping it's going well. I enjoyed it when I cleaned in the schools. No pressure.

I've bought a few bulbs this week as there's not a lot of early spring colour in the garden been planted yet. I love that time when you see the first signs of the shoots poke through. I've managed to order a garden seat in the sales today so we will be able to sit out whenever we have a few minutes.

I haven't been too good I'm afraid. Made the effort to go out today but a can't say I enjoyed it when the shops were busy. Not a good time to do it. I know it will pass over time. My ears are terrible though. Have you had your results?

How do you pass the time with you not having a tv?. Not that you are missing much. Day time is easier but the dark nights can be Long. It be really nice hear the last few days. Have you been cycling? I'm really impressed you know.

Look forward to hear from you soon. X Chris :)

gabry

Postby gabry » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:22 am

Hi Chris,
Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time lately. I've not been too good either, just brain-clutter really, too much going on all together.
I haven't done much in the garden, just haven't had time, but I sit out there when it's fine & enjoy the peace.
I went for a ride to an old church yesterday and just sat in the churchyard for half an hour & enjoyed the peace & quiet. Said a few prayers. Ha, I learned how to put a bike chain back on this morning after work, my hands were covered in black grease, of course it got over everything - coat, handles, keys, trousers, glasses, phone...
I haven't had my results yet, my GP hasn't had anything and when I rang the hospital they said nothing had been posted yet, but would be soon. So, it could come anytime.
Pass the time? Well, I listen to radio 4 at night & other channels if anything interesting's on, read, do my courses, watch youtube & dvd's, computer games - mahjongg, puzzles, read wikipedia articles, Bible study & housework (almost constant these days, we've had a few bed bugs since April, they're a swine to get rid of). Sometimes I talk to my flatmate for hours when she's troubled or puzzled or just in "sharing knowledge" mode. I like cooking, too.
Any road, better get to it.
Take care & God bless.
Sheila x

gabry

Postby gabry » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:45 pm

Hi Chris,
I had my induction today, which went well. My hours have been changed to 6am-8am mon-fri, which is better for me.
For months I've been looking for a leather bracelet, today I found one in a charity shop - it's got 4 strands, one has a silvery metal word "love", another has an infinity symbol, another a tree of life and the other is plaited (a 3-fold cord). Well, it made me smile a lot! Mysterious ways!
I'm looking for another p/t job in the afternoons to boost my income & some voluntary work with the local library. My life is busy & fulfilling. July last year I attempted suicide & my depression has never been deeper, I've learned it's possible to manage a horrible diagnosis & live a reasonable quality of life with the right drugs, self-management & support.
Thanks for all your encouragement these last months, now I feel it's time to wind this thread up.
Love to all & God bless you & yours.
Sheila x

christabel

Postby christabel » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:11 pm

Best wishes to you as well Sheila.

Keep strong and safe. God bless. X Chris

Return to “The Garden”