Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Cleaning at home

For a cuppa - and a chat...
christabel

Re: Cleaning at home

Postby christabel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi b

Sorry you are not well. Hope you are back on soon.

X Chris

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:22 am

Dear Chris,
Thank you for your message,
So, not well at all.
I had to change my meds, this meant coming off of my old meds - I was advised to do this over a month by a consultant psychiatrist, only to, to discover from a different psychiatrist that the process should take 9 months to a year.
The side effects of reducing the dose in 6 weeks was truly horrible and frightening...

Then I was prescribed angina medication - this was also a mistake and I should have been prescribed something else, so had real difficulties with changes in my heart rhythm.
So I have been really ill.

Right now I have been prescribed 2 psychiatric meds, I have read the side effects of them and I believe they will put me in a sort of trance..the side effects seem to out balance the benefits.
I already feel if I fee like I am in a fugg.
You can imagine that I am loosing faith in the people prescribing the meds.

I feel like I am developing brain fog again on these new meds.
I feel I am on my own with this one, as my partner will come with me to appointments but will not advocate for me.
This is truly horrible.
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:24 am

Re the cleaning of the home
I am slowly decluttering - clothes and craft products.
B

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi b

I feel total sympathy for you going through dreadful med change a few years ago myself. Have these medical practitioners any idea of how horrendous it can be for us. I would like them to feel just for one day the side effects especially if they don't agree with you.

Problem being it can take a few weeks each time they are changed to find out if they suit. Plus it helps if they put you on the right stuff in the first place. I hope they have got you sorted now and after the initial symptoms things calm down for you. Make sure you drink plenty water.

GO back to GP if things are too bad or don't improve.
P.S. missing hearing about your garden and other projects. Hope you feel well enough soon to get back to them. Take care. X Chris

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:05 am

Thanks Chris,
I went to my local chapter of Mind for help, but they don't do advocacy anymore,
I wanted someone who would help me communicate clearly to the surgery, the surgery manager and the mental health people.
I have been redirected to another organisation that might be able to help.
That was today.
I have had the depressions for many years but I have never been this agitated and irritated and confused. Then there are the heart palpitations and dizziness.
Fortunately, my new neighbour along the road happens to be a nurse, and we have become friends...she has been looking out for me.
This I feel is really providential, because, as I probably said, I was given angina medication that I should never, never have been given. :!: :?:

I hope to have better news for you next time.
B

jonsg

Postby jonsg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:19 pm

My setup is:

-Dishes every night, period. (MAYBE an exception after a really late game night or something when I'll do 'em first thing in the morning.)

-Laundry is pretty much ongoing, usually a couple loads downstairs ready to be brought up and put away as soon as that basket of cleans is full. Try not to leave stuff in the washer (though it happens occasionally and requires a re-wash which is annoying and feels wasteful).

-Trash goes out when full. All trashes and cat boxes emptied twice a week for trash-to-curb.

-Recycling goes out when full, and also once per week at recycling-to-curb time.

-Bathrooms always wiped down with bleach wipes and tidied before guests/party. A quick vacuum before guests/party, too, if we're at the tail end of the two weeks before cleaning comes.

aldertree

Postby aldertree » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi B,

I hope you are feeling better as it does sound like you have been very unwell. Sorry I had a break in posting as I've been more anxious than usual. How r u getting on with your meds ? I havn't ever changed meds but did come off of meds in four weeks and felt dreadful so went straight back on them. Also I was sorry to hear you couldn't get and an advocate from Mind so I hope you can find one from elsewhere. Did you go to a car boot sale ? I thought I would still post here about cleaning but post on the other thread about hoarding .

Best wishes,

A x

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:15 am

Dear A and Chris and other readers on this thread.
Hello to you!
:D
Thank you for your posts, I really got encouraged by reading them. I did not realise how the time had gone and that I had been away from the forum for a week or more; surely this is the power of changing mends - one looses track of time.
Much time has been spent in exhaustion, confusion (brought on by the meds of lack of meds in my system) and the depression.

I am finding life a little more than challenging just now.

I think there is wisdom in having a cleaning routine, I like the one posted above. if it is something that can be done out of habit, without having to think too much about it, all the better- one could get a good work out, just by cleaning, I think.

Dear A, and Chris
I have managed to make space down stairs by the washing machine.
The car boot sale was enjoyable, we didn't make much but the experience was good.
Still have not put things on EBAY yet....
I am a bit low, so things are hard for me just now.
Thinking. planning and doing is hard.

I am told that it will take at least 4 weeks for these new meds to make any difference to me.
I will come back here to look for your posts,
wishing you all well.

B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:20 pm

Dear Chris and A
wishing you well on this rather warm evening.

Thank you for your posts. Looking forward to more 'chats' on the forum.
Best Regards

B

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:46 pm

How are you doing b?

Hope things are a little easier and your meds are settling down.

X Chris

Return to “The Kitchen”