Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Food

For a cuppa - and a chat...
new18

Food

Postby new18 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:13 am

Hi. Ive had anorexia for a while which i am now having treatement. But for a few months i was binge eating and purging and was turning bulmic. But for about 2 weeks i cant force myself to eat anything and its just making me feel sick. I want to eat it but i just can't. I just have no appietite and im scared that ill start see that im losing weight and will get in to the cycle of anorexia again and become obssessed with losing weight. And i know that will only turn into binge eating again. I dont know why i have no appetite but i dont think its mental. My family think im doing it on purpose but i hate them trying to force food down me. And i haven't eaten more then a burger since Christmas day, and the lack of energy is making me feel worse. I dont know what to do.

christabel

Re: Food

Postby christabel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi there

Sorry to hear you are struggling. I see that you said you were having treatment for your anorexia. It might be best if you were to speak to whoever is helping you with your treatment. Well done for spotting that you may have problems through your lack of appetite.

I know when I am particularly low with my mental health that I don't feel like eating. It is an effort but I do make sure I do eat what I can and keep my fluid levels up because as you mentioned it makes you physically ill.

I would definitely speak to someone before things get any worse. Your Family are probably worried about you.

It sounds as though you were doing really well and just need a bit of help over this hurdle. Take care. Chris.

new18

Postby new18 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:59 am

Hi Chris.

Thank you for your reply!

I definitely thought my lack of appetite was from my low mood but than i started being more physically ill with other symptoms which only made me eat less. I've told my therapist and my mental health service, and they both have told me to see my gp. Because in my past i have not looked after myself and could of done some damage.

So i do hope its just part of my depression and will see my doctors sometime next week. Probably not much i can do if ive damaged myself but will start slowly eating.

Thank you. Shevaun

christabel

Postby christabel » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi Shevaun

Let us know how you are. We all through bad times so understand how you are feeling.

Take care.

Really like your name by the way.

new18

Postby new18 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 pm

Hi Chris

I don't think i will go to my gp now, as im losing weight now and don't want my appetite back. And just going to risk it.
Thank you again for your reply and interest.
Take care

christabel

Postby christabel » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi there

It would be better for you to visit your GP. I Wish I could be of more help.

I hope you re- think things through.

Best wishes.

richardsalvo

Postby richardsalvo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Way back in high school I have experience not eating food for also 3 days and it is very alarming for me.

Return to “The Kitchen”