Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Sweet potato pasta

For a cuppa - and a chat...

Sweet potato pasta

Postby ooby » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:56 pm

That is what i made with the rehab team yesterday. Can't say i was impressed. Too bland for me but others' taste may differ.

300 g sweet potato,peeled and cut into small cubes
300g dried pasta
100g frozen peas
2 tbsp skimmed milk
150g low fat natural yoghurt
40g finely grated reduced fat hard cheese
pinch of ground black pepper

Cook sweet potato chunks in simmering water for 12-15 mins until tender. Drain well

Cook pasta in large saucepan according to packet instructions until tender. Drain well and return to saucepan.

Stir sweet potato and frozen peas through pasta.Add milk and yoghurt and heat gently for 1-2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with cheese and a little ground black pepper.

Could use butternut squash as an alternative to sweet potato

Add extra vegetable if you like,such as chopped red pepper and sweetcorn.

Location: Have you ever thought what it's like, to be wanderers in the fourth dimension?

Re: Sweet potato pasta

Postby judithj » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:35 pm

I would probably add red pepper and garlic, not use the sweet potato but add something like a little chopped chorizo (if you heat it in a frying pan, excess fat comes out and you can keep it in the fridge, then use a teaspoonful to add flavour to sauces or veg.). thanks for your recipes: they're a good starting-point for other ideas. We're having tortillas tonight: sliced spicy pork in a wrap with salsa, refried beans and maybe some lettuce (if I can be bothered to go out and buy some). Nice and easy, hugs xxx
"Oh, deep in my heart, I do believe We shall overcome, some day."

Postby aflatonmond » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:51 am

hey ooby..
Love to see your potato pasta recipe.. You know I love to eat any pasta..
Here I want to share one thing with you regarding this recipe its very helpful for the mass gaining purposes..Use this food daily and after 10 or 15 days check your weight on the scale..
Make your step prove yourself..

Postby billiejo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:10 am

Does not sound too inviting to me either. I love pasta but the sweet potatoes don't sound good in it.

Return to “The Kitchen”