Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

So, how was your day?

For a cuppa - and a chat...

Re: So, how was your day?

Postby oobat » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:32 am

Mostly consisted of getting soaked and having to change clothes! Managed to get Molly out for a walk first thing (she hates rain!) but 20 minutes out`n`down came the rain - don`t think she`ll forgive me for that :lol:
I had "one of those brown envelopes" this week, from local Health trust. Asked me attend an Abdominal Aortic Scan, this to determine whether the main artery that runs through my stomach is not weak and prone to rupture..... Just what an Anxious/Depressive needs to hear!! "Just Routine" of course :shock: . Anyway, after much dithering, I grabbed myself by the collar and drove into town, parked the car (eventually) and trekked through another downpour to the clinic. Good news, was seen straight away `cos so many people hadn`t turned up. Twenty minutes later, having been smeared with cold jelly`n`having one of those scanner things that pregnant Mums have run over the stomach, I was pronounced OK- not pregnant, just fat :lol: .
Walked back to my car via several charity shops and bought 2 polo shirts`n`3 books for £6- last of the big spenders me! Home to change clothes yet again, greet Molly, and finally get to walk her round the park in a very watery sun. Cooked some Pork fillets for dinner with 3 types of veggies,then on with the "Box". A good day. Love`n`Hugs, xxx Jim.
oobat

Postby Cardiff » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Glad to know that your arteries are not due to explode Jim or abominably aortic. what with the cost of plumbers and all.
Those envelopes always fill me with dread. Got one one from the neuro unit last week and thought ooh errr :? Turns out to be a voting slip for people to sit on a hospital panel. I always vote for anyone who was "just a service user". Anyone who mentions being clever or having lots of badges for things I run a mile from :D . Well if I could run a mile that is. :?

Charity shops are like a giant magnet to me too. Love 'em and have some real random conversations with people in them too :D Great!
Got the ironing board out at the moment and the tennis on. (Life goes on eh?)
Wonder where Ulysses is ha ha!
Cardiff

Postby Cardiff » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:54 pm

Evening all,

A quiet day after a bit of a sleepless night but better thanks to some good advice. Did make some rather nice shortbread from Muchloves recipe. Hard to convince others that yes I had made it myself :D .
Watched Wallender, new series which turned out to be a mistake because of the subject matter, although Ghostbusters earlier on was more fun I must say.

Have found a tin of chickpeas in the cupboard which have been there some time.
I now have a cunning plan, and will try Judiths chickpea curry recipe tomorrow and will freeze any leftovers as per Wishbone advice. Feeling positive on that!
So this is good.

Watched most of the tennis, and spent the early afternoon looking for a wasp, but realised it was "Racing from Silverstone" coming through the wall from next door.
Really sets my teeth on edge that high pitched whine. :x
Only realised it was that when I put the telly on, just in time to see a racing driver pull into re fuel or whatever and drive into most of his team. :? Errm not sure thats suppposed to happen?
Cardiff

Postby MythEagle » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:06 pm

after a rough start and a bit of news that will effect my whole family the day improved when I bought a second hand cross trainer. I put it together this evening and then did a test run for 15minutes, 3.5 miles (allegedly) before I walked the dog, and felt so much better for it. Night all.
Edan
You are braver than you think, and stronger than you know.
MythEagle

Postby Aleshadxcherylc » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Horrible rubbish The worst like everyday is
X
And the tears come streaming down your face,when you lose something you cant replace
Till now, I always got by on my own, I never really cared until I met you
No-one ever comes close to you
Aleshadxcherylc

Postby belle » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:36 pm

A cross trainer...?! :evil:
Not actually sure what that is :shock:
It sounds like an extra sadistic, angry gym instructor who goads you into doing terryfying amounts of exercise until you are a sweaty heap on the floor. Not that I know from personal experience - just a very active imagination!! :lol:
I hope you enjoy using it :mrgreen: and well done you.
Time for a cuppa so I'll put the kettle on folks. :D
belle

Postby Cardiff » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:16 am

Had a good day, was about due one I think :)
Got to the art gallery, loved it and got back in one piece,
so was in such a good mood, cooked linguine recipe, and did a bit of baking..
feeling more positive than in a while xx
Cardiff

Postby oobydoobie » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:48 am

As empty and boring as a day normally is. Ground hog day is real.
My newspaper

Support on these forums is dictated by being part of the in crowd or not, not by need.
oobydoobie

Postby oobydoobie » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:12 pm

marmite wrote:I'm facing up to avoidance today....
So watch out ironing pile with 4 weeks of creases...you WILL be tackled today!!!!
...talking of boring lives Oobie - we all have monotony to deal with. Did any of the recipes interest you? I was thinking of you!
X

They were quite interesting but perhaps a little too involved for me technically and motivation wise.
My newspaper

Support on these forums is dictated by being part of the in crowd or not, not by need.
oobydoobie

Postby oobat » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Sunshine! :shock: Took Molly for a long walk at 7am, lots of birds singing and Squirrels whizzing round tree trunks. Made some toast and herbal tea to wash it down when we got back. I`d remembered to get some meat from the freezer last night, so decided to cook a "decent meal" for a change. No potatoes in the house, but good old "aunt Bessie" provided roast spuds`n`yorkshire puds to go with the small beef joint, Sainsburys provided the peas. It actually all turned out well, and I dined with Molly`n`my 2 cats at 12.30. Made a nice change from pasties`n`crisps :D . I`ve washed up straight away,so can relax and read my latest novel - if I don`t fall asleep first :lol: . Love`n`Hugs to all that need them, xxx Jim.
oobat

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen