breatheinandout

Re: word association

Postby breatheinandout » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:21 pm

Coat
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:15 pm

Coati mundi (a flock wearing their fur coats)

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:25 am

TAIL

MiHa. My actual word association was Rex but that wouldn't make sense to anyone without the interest and the very long memory to remember the Saga.

amaya

Postby amaya » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:54 pm

coat

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:14 pm

Amaya, you beat me to this while I was typing, but I'll still include my rambling cryptic post for ATTMP and anyone else foolish enough to decode it. :lol: But I'll also create a double post in response to your COAT.

Expo coada ... as in YT 2011 ;)

ATTMP wrote:MiHa. My actual word association was Rex but that wouldn't make sense to anyone without the interest and the very long memory to remember the Saga.

Do you realise that you've made a two-layered connection here? :

Coati tail > Rex raccoon's tail (and very handsome it is too, brushed daily by an ageing cowboy)
Coati mundi > Rex Mundi (Alas! Wikipedia won't enlighten you, but something else will).

You have a strong dualistic tendency: not only do you have a remarkable memory, but you also have a gift for the double entendre. (Psst! I dropped a subtle tell-tail clue in that last sentence) :lol:

COAT > ALPACA (I have one, not the animal - wish I did, but a coat made from its wool)

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Llama ( Weekly rather than Dali)

MiHa. Thanks for the compliments I usually indulge in multiple meanings and double entendre as a form of self entertainment in its various forms ;)

Rex Mundi rings a bell, not just as a character in a Robert Rankin novel (purveyor of science fiction for a sillyful and possibly drunken audience.) Without resorting to Google I'm associating King of the World with Christ. If not then is it maybe a title of the pope or even Charlemagne?

As for expo coda, I'll research that in due course

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Vicuña (I only chose it for the tilde. English would be more fun if it had a plethora of diacriticals).

Llama? Is that Cymraig for lamb? (But why a weakly one, and where does surrealism fit in to the grand scheme of things?)

I usually indulge in multiple meanings and double entendre as a form of self entertainment in its various forms ;)

Hmm, I've noticed... regrettably. :roll:

Rex Mundi rings a bell, not just as a character in a Robert Rankin novel (purveyor of science fiction for a sillyful and possibly drunken audience.) Without resorting to Google I'm associating King of the World with Christ. If not then is it maybe a title of the pope or even Charlemagne?

Your bell isn't ringing loud enough. Wrong on all three counts. Keep guessing... Hehe

As for expo coda, I'll research that in due course

It's coada, as in COAti and COAt, not coda as in the bit at the end of a piece of music. I look forward to the fruits of your research with tepid trepidation.

amaya

Postby amaya » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:58 pm

matata?

amaya

Postby amaya » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:02 pm

although technically that is only half a word that may or may not belong to an African language or be entirely made up by Disney, so I will also add:
Tomata
(oh wait, how do you spell that?)

Return to “Smiley Room”