Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Are Pets the best therapy?

If it makes you smile...
emloja

Are Pets the best therapy?

Postby emloja » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:56 am

Hi
I went through a really low patch last year and happened to adopt a pup at the same time. She has brought so much joy into my life and never fails to make me smile even on a bad day. I love that she lives in the moment and the ways she gets excited by everything. I sometimes envy her life as it seems so great and non complicated. I also try and makes sure I walk her at least once a day- however bad things are. Doing something for someone else even when you don't want to do it for yourself. Maybe it gives me a greater sense of purpose.
Anyways,
I wondered if anyone else have any stories about their pets and how they have changed or enhanced their lives and mental states?

rsxo

Re: Are Pets the best therapy?

Postby rsxo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:25 pm

Hey emloja :)

I've never had a pet, but I could see how they could help. Giving yourself the responsibility of looking after a pet can give you some sort of interaction that you may miss, allows you to exchange affection that may be missing, and gives you a new motivation and inspiration in your life. I'm glad it's helping you feel betterx

Much love <3
RSxo <3

christabel

Postby christabel » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Our daughters dogs are great and a great source of amusement.

We dog sit a couple of times a week. I love being able to stroke and play with them.

We have cats come for a visit in the garden. Also the birds love to have a shower in the bird bath.

Animals certainly make me happier. Unconditional love.

X Chris

emloja

Postby emloja » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:22 pm

:D

youngkody

Postby youngkody » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Yes pets can be awesome therapy!

Obedient animals can serve as an anchor keeping people grounded and happy relieving our feelings of loneliness and isolation. It is not uncommon for dogs to be incorporated into a therapy plan. The elderly, families affected by military deployment, even the disabled or ill strongly recognize the benefits pets can have.
Kody Young
CEO @ www.ExistingPeacefully.com
Ideas and Philosophies to Guide Quality Living

gentlehoney

Postby gentlehoney » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:01 am

Yes pets are the best therapy

Healing comforting snuggly warm therapeutic non judgmental unconditional love understanding sensitivity gentility, they balance us and they give me a reason to look after myself.

And they're constant with their love xxx

breatheinandout

Postby breatheinandout » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 am

Yes! I think they really help. I can't have pets at the moment but looking forward to it in the future.
Why did i pick such a long username?! Do call me Biao :D

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:26 pm

Return to “Smiley Room”