Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Let's write a story together. You write a line, next person continues from where you left off & so on..

If it makes you smile...
kittypae

Re: Let's write a story together. You write a line, next person continues from where you left off & so on..

Postby kittypae » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:08 pm

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey..." See, the rabbits were singing above this tree together.
Kind Regards,
Kitty Pae

http://www.kittypaemusic.com

mihaela

Re: Let's write a story together. You write a line, next person continues from where you left off & so on..

Postby mihaela » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:37 am

Meanwhile, somewhat drowning out Bing's exquisite crooning, Viv Stanshall began raucously singing Jollity Farm, and Mr Lear began reciting The Owl and the Pussycat through a high-power megaphone.

kittypae

Postby kittypae » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:51 am

"Ahem? Test, Test Test, 1,2,3..."
Kind Regards,
Kitty Pae

http://www.kittypaemusic.com

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:36 pm

interrupted a piqued and newly amplified Bing

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 am

...which in turn interrupted the slumbering aged cowboy's dreams of being back "home, home on the range" - and piqued his faded, jaded curiosity somewhat more than a trifle.

Sorry for swerving so violently off this straight and narrow topic - a little weakness of mine, but people with a notable literary bent are noted for easily getting carried away with the relentlessly turgid flow of Serious Stuff like this - back upstream into randomly-meandering, little-frequented rills and rivulets that never quite reach their source. I could elaborate at length, but unfortunately have/had to go out half an hour ago to attend an importantly select Literary Luncheon Function. Naturally I was one of the carefully selected Elect to be picked out of the battered stetson :?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:32 am

As the piquant dessert trolley rattled by the slumbering Texan melodious rabbits sang...

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:26 am

...a long-forgotten, jaunty dirge in the easy-listening key of H flat*.

*aka G# by muzically astute students of music.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:50 am

Tex the cowboy took the key to H's flat and let himself in...

( Oi! MiHa! Jaunty-dirge! what! How! I object! The meaning of dirge has changed from funeral music to mournful or depressing music so don't try to hide this confusingly oxymoronic construction behind archaic references and interpretations. )

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:46 am

...but H was too sharp for him, as he began to pronounce, in a flat monotone: "....

APttM: Pfft! Fashions change! Such is the inherently nebulous nature of the fluxuosity of langwij. A dirge one day can be a bossanova the next; a stetson one day, a flower-pot the next. Definitions are relative to the Zeitgeist and sanity of the user/consumer, regardless of their archaic/traditionalist <> neologic/modernist place on the lexichronological continuum, definitionally speaking, that is. Words are ultimately meaningless - as are these very words themselves, mere squiggles of virtual ink on virtual paper. This dirge just so happened to be jaunty, so there! Pluş ça chănge.... âs we sȃy in Gagauziă.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:17 am

Doe, a dear, a female dear...

Return to “Smiley Room”