Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Story Links version 2 ( Sentences )

If it makes you smile...
mihaela

Re: Story Links version 2 ( Sentences )

Postby mihaela » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:18 pm

"Ours is not to reason why; ours is but to do and die", Willkommenia opined opaquely, while nibbling non-committally at a large shaddock.

Franz (whose real-name was the more feminine Grit), mused eloquently for a few seconds, and then, after briefly musing a further 19 seconds or thereabouts, spoke with an air of misplaced authority:

"I've pored and pawed over those tea-stained atlases for many a long while, and can only conclude that the blank white space on the map of Europe represents a country with borders but without an identity, a country that exists outside reality and time, but not space, and that we're currently living in that country in the service of 'elmut, hour 'onourable 'andler. Who are we to question iz motives for sending us 'ere, feeding us meaningless radio messages every weekend, and entertaining us with Franzl Lang's yodelling?"

"Fair point", astutely observed her shaddock-eating sidekick. She spat out a rancid pip onto the floor - where it landed among a few dropped h's.

"By the way, why did you mention a Nokia? Mobile phones haven't been invented yet. It's still only 1971", added Willkommenia for clarity.

"I'm nonplussed by that question", stated Grit, negatively, while tentatively fiddling with a morse key.

Meanwhile, back East, strange things were happening. Helmut, Brunhilde, his Trabby and accompanying apparatus were fading from mortal view like a malfunctioning mirage, until all that was left was the green glow of the now blinking magic eye, until eventually even that had disappeared. At that very moment Mihaela returned from her interlude to continue the saga uninterrupted by further interludes - at least for the foreseeable future, according to the tea-leaves.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:48 pm

mihaela wrote:At that very moment Mihaela returned from her interlude to continue the saga uninterrupted by further interludes - at least for the foreseeable future, according to the tea-leaves.

Yay!

Even they're happy;

Clearly been making hay while the sun shines.

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 am

"C'était un moment de déjà vu!" exclaimed the oxen in unison (they mooed phluent Phrensh), as Mihaela already-saw the photo of the oxen making hay while die Sonne scheint herrlich.

As the haywain trundled on its lonely aimless way, a black Dacia Duster sped by leaving a cloud of dusty chaff in its wake. The driver wore a wide-brimmed black hat, and as he passed he made the solemn sign of the Benediction towards the gathered throng.

"Did you see the number? BN 11SUS!! Bun Isus! That must have been Pristian Comohatch*! If only we'd known he was passing this way. I could have waved him down for his autograph!" Queen Esmeralda exclaimed excitedly - for she was an avid fan of the famed priest-singer of muzică populară și religioasă românească.

"I'm an avid fan of the famed priest-singer of muzică populară și religioasă românească", she added avidly in broken anglo-român.

Severely nonplussed, she suddenly fell into a swoon, and keeled over into the holy dust. Dead? Alas! no, for The Leaves had told her she'd survive no fewer than nine times nine near-death-experiences - and The Leaves never lied. As this was her 80th such experience, she probably had a somewhat limited time to go before the inevitable inevitably happened.

"She can't go yet. She's not read our Leaves!" stuttered Tex concernedly.

The growing flock of lemmings were the first to aid the ailing queen. They grabbed some maize leaves and frantically fanned her with them, while resourceful Rex conveniently found a discarded half-full, half-empty bottle of smelling-salts and thrust it under her wizened nose.

*poeticly licenced anglicised spelling.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:04 am

Rea Dourleaves was Tex's lost love who left him unexpectedly and all too soon. On the day they planned to become one, Tex had just taken off his clothes when she bolted through the door, never to be seen again, her face showing a strange combination of panic, shock and pity. Her stifled joyous laughter and hysterical shout of "Oh my God! Please strike me blind!" all he had to remember her by. It comforted Tex to know that his angel had been summoned by the almighty to join the rapture and yet was so humble that she called out to be blinded rather than commit the sacrilege of looking on His visage. It also rather conveniently explained why he never saw her again.

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:36 am

"That receding Rear Door Leaves me nonplussed," punned Tex quasi-anagrammatically and pensively thinking of his beloved Lost Love, while simultaneously viewing the dust cloud engulfing the fast disappearing Dacia.

Noting his flagrant pensivity, Ilinca began yodelling Cowboy Sweetheart at a greatly increased volume, while Stasia played a mournfully plaintive doina on her trâmbiţă* which sent the Texile (Texan-in-exile) into a deep reverie where thyme stood still and its aromatic aroma cloyed in the breezeless air - a scent that took him back to his uncle, the celebrated sharpshooting freebooting frontiersman, Grane Zey Riding roughshod over the Purple Thyme, back to high-spirited gunfights at the OK Corral, swaggering drunkenly through the creaking swing doors of the Last Chance saloon, foolishly tossing his lucky loaded dice into the spittoon for a wager, receiving his Junior Acme home bomb-making kit for his seventh birthday, and eating Hainz** baked beans from the billy-can around the campfire with his dysfunctional family, Ma and Pa ever-arguing over the finer points of Proust's minor epic, À la recherche du temps perdu, and his seventeen sisters ever-bickering over Kierkegaard's thughts of the infinite qualitative distinction between man and God - and the tenuous position of women in this theory - with particular reference to the the Blessed Virgin Mary, post-Assumption - as the arch-womanifestation of the Ewig-Weibliche archetype.

in their more-relaxed moments, they would obsessively mull over the sexism inherent in Sartre's famous maxim: “Atheistic existentialism... declares with greater consistency that if God does not exist there is at least one being whose existence comes before its essence, a being which exists before it can be defined by any conception of it. That being is man....” True, life may well have been hard, mundane and dull - but it was nevertheless filosofically phulphilling for the young illiterate gun-toting Tex.

Tumbleweeds tumbled forlornly across the barren prairie of his mind, roadrunners rampaged about chirping annoyingly at cartoon rabbits, gunshots rang out raucously and randomly. Such was his dire mental state at the time.

In his mind he was home, home on the range, where the deer and the anteaters roam, and the flying fish do play, looking back fondly at a memorable moment in his distant youth, sitting in the bosky shade of the baobab leaves with the dour Rea, Love of his Life, extracting an extraneous cactus thorn from her battle-scarred knee with his teeth, while she idly strummed a banjo and sang a ditty about going back to Oregano in her mellow, deep baritone, tone-deaf voice.

Suddenly, he was abruptly roused from his daydream by the unmistakable sensation of a rattlesnake's poisonous fangs biting through his thick buffalo-hide Gimi Ciu** cowboy spats and sinking into his wooden leg.

* aka a tulnic, like this, a traditional death announcement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ssiZo5B1Kc

Imageimage url uploadcertificity.com

** Romanian spelling used here to circumvent restrictively draconian advertising prohibitions.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed May 03, 2017 12:35 am

Wow! *****

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Fri May 05, 2017 12:02 am

I'm still too awestruck by your last post to formulate a cogent reply. It deserves more time than I have to give it right now, but soon.

mihaela

Postby mihaela » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Surely it's not that awestriking? You're making me blush with embarrassment. :oops:
How much more time do you need? Er... it's been a while. :lol:

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:44 am

My time has been well spent crossing continents to consult with masters of creative writing, in the hope of my reply doing justice to your last post. Unfortunately, it appears their creative writing abilities extended no further than their references so you will have to put up with my usual ink splattered jottings and random punctuation.

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:06 am

"Ah! That's lucky, I was wondering what to have for dinner." Mused Tex to himself as, with one practiced slice, he cut the head from the equally hungry reptile and began looking for a stick on which to roast the former snake. "Ewig-Weibliche archetype... Huh! Kierkegaard and Goethe should have spent more time in the fresh air and actually met some women." Said the confusingly stray thought which had drifted in from dreamland as Tex observed Queen Esmeralda idly paring her toenails with a chipped hunting knife.

Return to “Smiley Room”